Chapter Two - The Alpha

"Hello?" an old voice said from outside my door, grandma.

"Uh um come in.." I said quietly trying to pull myself together. I wasn't close enough with my grandma for her to see me like this. 

"I could sense your sadness.." she said sitting next to me on my bed.

I wanted to spill everything going on in my life , Brenda, Wally, Tony!

"Well?" she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I just wish that there was someone out there like me. Someone who would understand the pain I go through everyday just by looking at myself in the mirror, I don't even see a girl I see.. I see."

"What, what do you see?"

"A beast, an animal... A monster." I teared up but didn't full out ball.

"Honey, sure you can shapeshift but you are not a monster, if it's anyone it would be me." she said looking down.

"Wait what do you mean?" I said totally confused.

She stood up and took a deep breath. My heart began to race, what was happening? 

She let out a small growl and her eyes grew bright red, her teeth grew, and her nails grew long. I screamed. She took a deep breath and everything faded. Jess and Ivan ran in.

"Are you guys okay??" she yelled.

"Ya we're fine.." my grandma said pushing them out of the room.

She closed my door and brush her hands together as if they were dirty.

"What the hell was that?'' I said covering my mouth I don't normally talk like that ever.. I most have been very scared.

"You didn't know I was an alpha werewolf.." she said almost like I was stupid for not knowing.

"Obviously I did not." I said.

"Anyway we need to get back to what I need to tell you. The reason I decided to knock on your door." she said changing the subject.

"There's another shapeshifter like you in Jump City."

"Wait WHAT?" I stood up so excited I couldn't stop smiling.

"Listen, I'm not sure if it's a boy or a girl or how old they are but I just know there is one out there." she said smiling.

I shifted into a cat and jumped back on my bed, then I shifted into a kangaroo and jumped up and down.

"Finally! Someone like me!" I said changing back to myself and falling onto my pillow.

"I know how thrilled you must be." she said grabbing my cheek.

Normally I would be werided out by that but honestly I was so happy I didn't even care.

"How did you know there was one out there?" I asked.

"Well you need to get some sleep ok love. You have a big day tomorrow and some studying to still catch up on." she said completely ignoring my question.

"Whoa whoa whoa grandma answer my question.." I said beginning to lose all of my patience with her.

She walked out of my room as if she didn't even hear me.

 I was so mad I could scream, so I grabbed my pillow and took care of that problem. 

I couldn't help but feel like she was hiding something from me. I mean if hiding the fact that she is werewolf is no big deal. What else is that 91 year old spotted hunched lady hiding from me.