Finally Eighteen!

Start from the beginning

"Happy birthday, Maisie!" My mum said, full of excitement when I walked in to the kitchen. My dad looked up from his breakfast and said the same thing. Mason just looked at me with a smile. "Your presents are there." My mum pointed to my space at the table where I saw a few boxes.

Lee leaned over and picked up a small box from my pile. "You have to open this one last." He held it close to his chest and grinned at me. I chuckled and walked to my spot and sat down. I opened one of the top boxes to reveal a pair of nude heels that I had been wanting for a while.

I opened the second box to reveal an expensive looking  dress. It was really nice considering it was from my parents. "Wow, thank you." I held it up at arms length and smiled. "It's beautiful." I grinned.

"I thought you could wear it for your dinner tonight. It's very grown up." My mum admired it as she leaned against the kitchen counter.

"A little too grown up if you ask me." My dad murmured. It was very revealing in the chest area so I could see where he was coming from.

The next box I opened was a gold bracelet and I fell in love with it instantly. I put it on my wrist and looked at my dad who then pointed to Lee. "I know, I'm the best." He smiled to himself.

"How did you afford that?" I asked in shock. I read the name on the box telling me it was Zoara. Wow.

"I've been saving. Only the best for my little sister." He said proudly and I admired it on my wrist again. "Now open this." Lee handed me the box that he lifted and I saw my mum look at me with excitement and my dad continued to smile.

I opened it and I saw the key in a padded box. A key? It can't be a car because I can't drive. I looked at my mum and she walked to me. "Surprise." I saw her tear up a little.

"What's this?" I asked confused.

"It's keys to your own little apartment. It's only a few blocks away and it's not so you can move out. We just thought you could have your own space maybe for a night or two away a week." My dad said strictly and I looked at it in shock.

They bought me an apartment. Wow.

"You can do it up the way you want and you can go there with your friends. But like we said, it's not for moving out." My mum warned and I looked at Lee who was grinning from ear to ear. Mason stared at my parents in shock. I'm glad someone else was just as confused as me.

"T-thank you." I spoke and then took the key out the box. I put it in my bag and began fixing all the boxes and I put them in a pile in front of me.

"Do you want some pancakes?" My mum asked and walked to the fridge.

I looked at the time on the clock. "Nah it's okay. Jason's gonna take me for some breakfast." I smiled. I saw my mum and dad exchange looks and I rolled my eyes, "as friends." I added in. Lie.

Lee had got a car for his birthday and some more lessons before he took his test and also some money. He seemed pretty happy with his gifts which was good. At half past eight I made my way out to Jason's car and climbed in to the passenger seat.

"Hey, happy birthday yet again." He laughed and I leaned over and pecked his lips. "You look great, now what do you want for breakfast birthday girl?" He asked and began driving the car.

"Bagels." I replied with a smile. He chuckled and nodded. He reached over and took my hand in his as he drove to the local breakfast bar.

We sat down at a table and the waiter walked to us. "Can I have some waffles and a bottle of water and can my girlfriend have bagels and a glass of orange juice please?" Jason ordered for us as I stared at the bracelet on my wrist.