Chapter 7 Amends

"It's been over 7 year since we've been hit with the tragic disappearance of 16 year old Logan Waters, and the death of his friend 17 year old Kaycee Andrews. Andrews was found unresponsive on the floor of his school's computer lab. Kaycee died from a severe asthma attack, while Waters' whereabouts are unknown. His parents are--"

I turned the tv off and grabbed my jacket, and my car keys. "It's been seven years already, just let those kids rest." I thought to myself. I went to school with them both, good kids, sad what happened to them. Every news and media outlet flooded our town for months when it first happened. I was only 16 then, now a 23 year old with no life, who spends his time watching old movies and going out with random girls each night. Just perfect. "New Date tonight?" My roommate Jeff asked. His name really wasn't Jeff. I just called him that because he looked and act like a Jeff. "Mhmm.." I said as I searched for my cell phone. He stopped licking the Cheetos off of his fingers. "What's her name ?" I stopped. Oh shit. What WAS her name ?? "Aman......... Alexu......... Tiff...... Ciar....... Shit man I forgot. I'm sure it won't come up in the convo though. So I'll be straight." He gave me a 'you the man' type smile as i rushed out of the door.

"I can't believe I forgot it ! My memory is shit! First the name now this.. Come on Jay, get it together." I turned my car off and ran back into my apartment looking for my red and black wallet. " Yo, Jeff what time is it?" He unlocked the screen of his cracked iPhone. "It's uhhh.... 12:04" fuck. I'm an hour late. I called my date to let her know I was finally on the way and I had something special planned. I just have to figure out what that is. I gripped the doorknob when suddenly I heard a door slam. Jeff turned to look at me slowly. "Jay... What was that? Was that you? Please tell me that was you." I heard fear in his voice, which wasn't hard to distinguish considering the fact he's afraid of his own shadow. "How mother fuc-- Hmm nevermind, no time. Be back later." I get so angry at Jeff for not thinking, maybe it was the fear. Fear of what? A closing door? Probably a draft or something. I put my wallet in my back pocket, headed down stairs and got in my car. As I pulled out of the drive way I saw a teenager sitting on the curb. I couldn't see his face but from here his hair looked .......... Blonde.