Chapter 3 Reinforcements

"So you're telling me... That... This thing ... Just watches you sleep?" Logan said through a mouth full of Doritos. "Sounds like you have a guardian angel or something, Ya know? I mean c'mon, how do you even know if this thing is dangerous or not?" I could see it in his eyes that he was hesitant for any proof. No matter what he said I knew he didn't want to believe me, but he had no choice. I raised my pants leg up and showed him the deep scar that had formed along my calf muscle. "Y-you sure you didn't do that on a bike or something? Please tell me you got that from a bike accident." I shook my head and for about thirty seconds we sat in complete silence. "What's the plan?" I asked in a low voice. I wanted to seem as calm as possible. "Well we could always go to the police." He said. His hands were shaking and his pale face was even paler. "And tell them what? The Boogeyman is trying to kill me?" Thats probably the dumbest thing I've heard him say, well, today at least. I can't believe he would actually consider going to the cops. Who would believe this story. I barely even believed it. "So, what are we going to do? Just sit around and wait for it to kill me?" He stopped for a short second. Fumbling a pen cap between his thumb and index finger. "No, we trap it." From the look in his eyes I can tell he was serious.

"We have to find a way to buy us some time." I looked out into the distance and stared at the setting sun, we need more time. Time to plan. Yet, this all sounded so crazy. The dried blood running along the scar on my calf reminded me once again, this was all real. "Well dude you're going to have call your mom and ask if you can stay the night. That'll give us enough time, well some time, to figure out how to beat this... This thing." I handed him my phone without even thinking. If I was going to stay the night he would have to be the one to ask my mom. Classic, but always worked. Some time passed slowly as he started talking on the phone. "Well she said you can stay for tonight." I didn't realize I had stared off into space for so long. "Now what?" I asked. "Well, we get started. That's for sure." We both nodded in agreement as he threw the pen cap into the wall.