Chapter 12

I layed there, in the darkness curled up to Daryl's body, for an unknown amount of time.

Continuously I sliced my wrists open, puttin more of my blood into him.

I was faint and the sunlight breakin through the tree reminded me of the stars.

Or were they the stars?

What time was it?

The tree rusled and soon it was bein forcefully pulled away by Rick and Sasha.

I covered my eyes and hastily leaned into Daryl's chest, as if I hadn't seen the light in years.

"Beth." Rick croaked.

It came to my understanding how odd I must look, painted thickly in blood, my own and some from the deranged walkers around me.

Timidly I forced my eyes to look up, strainin in the harsh sunlight.

"Is he dead?" Sasha asks, and my neck jerks quickly in her direction, as if I had gone mad all those years beneath that tree.

I shake my head, but a lump rises on my throat, "I don't know." My voice is raspy and dry, like I've smoked for years.

At the edge of a breakdown.

Rick goes to Daryl and feels for a pulse, listens for a breath.

Slowly turnin to look at me.

"He's-" Rick pinches the bridge of his nose, and I let a horrible sob from my mouth.

He didn't say it, he didn't have too.

Daryl was long gone.

The monster of fear, dispair, anger rises through my chest, shreddin my heart and soul.

Glenn trys to hug me, trys to support me as he stands doubt founded.

Its a bloody war, pain is winnin and it snakes its way around my neck as I choke on my tears and gasp for air.

I run to him, I run, and fall before him, I fall.

Sasha, Rick and Glenn expected this and I can here Sasha sniffle behind me.

These wretched sobs break from my mouth, and I know my face is displayin the pain with in me.

But as a settled peacefulness crosses over me, I gently press the palm of my hand to his cheek.

I want to say so many words, but my voice is shaky as I cry.

"You were right, the good ones don't survive." I manage to whisper.

For only our ears.

My fingers wander across his eyelids, as if he were asleep which my heart so desperately wishes.

His lips, his cheek, and I'm quiet.

The sobbin is done, but I am not, I know now.

Its a pain that is numbed by a greater, as my knife is pushed into my stomach.

My body collapses, and I am no longer in control. That's fine, I don't want my body any more.

Rick and Glenn yell but I only see Daryl as blood rises up my throat and dribbles down my mouth.

I just see beauty, and I am ready to show the world that I love him.

I just showed them.

As I turn up I see the stars, no, the tree the sun is breakin through the tree once more.

Or are they stars?