Cats vs. Dogs - Chapter 9

SO READ THIS

I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE REWRITE OF THIS STORY AND ITS ON MY PAGE ITS CALLED “UNDER THE RED MOON” I am not totally in love with this story anymore I know it was suppose to be on of those terrible stories on wattpad that grabbed your attention with no real foundation, but its hard to write. BUT I will continue to write this as I write the other version and compare the two.

This chapter includes the teaser which is a bit edited but you can skip ahead!

Chapter 9 – Ember

            As we filed out of Lexi’s house, I was aware of Pierce taking Kat to his car, and two pairs of eyes burning holes into my back. My temper got the best of me.

“What the hell are you guys staring at?” I wrapped my arms around my waist, which was still only covered by a bra. I was agitated, and unfortunately s3xually frustrated. I mean how could I not be with all these attractive guys throwing themselves at me?  Freddie’s gray eyes started to tint red, obviously aroused at my anger, weird a*s. Cole was the only one who didn’t seem to be burning with the tension surrounding us. He wanted me to go to him and let him do god knows what with me, not a chance. His bright blues were calm and patient, even though he was everything but that.

“I always attract the freaking dangerous ones, f**k me.” I whispered to myself forgetting about their super hearing.

“With pleasure,” both boys stated, and then growled at the other for saying the same thing.

“Dumb minds think alike,” I said, upset that they ignored the first part of the sentence. Every guy I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with, the sarcasm heavy in my thoughts, had anger management issues, but it was my fault. I loved the bad boy, the rush of constantly being in danger when he decided that normal was too boring. I loved every damn second of it, and that was my downfall.

            I got bored with the situation and straddled my motorcycle with ease. The small radio attached in the inside turned on and “Fest Hos Mange”, a Swedish song by the Mange Makers came on. The song was silly but it had a great beat. The guys looked over at me with wonder as no one knew about my addiction to horrible songs. I just smiled and pulled out of Lexi’s driveway without a backward glance, making my way to my condo.

            I made my way there in record time, focusing on the beat of the song rather than the roads; missing stop signs and traffic lights, but I was cocky about not being caught, and if I was caught I knew what to do to get out of it. As I pulled into the buildings parking lot I noticed Pierce’s car parked in Kat’s spot. I shrugged and walked in, greeting everyone I should, and flirting with my usual onlookers. Kat owned the apartment down the hall from mine, but I wouldn’t disturb her while he was over. I would never tell anyone this, but the feel of your true mate’s arms around you is one of the greatest pleasures I have had the honor of receiving.

As I made it to the 12th floor the first thing I noticed was Kat’s door slightly ajar and my own as well. I went to check mine out first since Pierce was there and could keep her safe. I crouched low against the wall and slowly walked down the small hallway towards apartment 12E. I gently pushed the door open, setting my cats free as the lights were turned off. As soon as I was fully inside I was grabbed and pushed against the wall.

            “We have some unfinished business Kit-Kat,” a husky voice growled in my ear.

_________________________________________________________________________

I really wanna leave it here and start on Lexi’s p.o.v. maybe another page or so but I might intermingle lexi and ember’s pov

_________________________________________________________________________

            By the slight sparks flying into me I knew who the voice belonged to.

“Harold, you crazy f**ker!”

It should have sounded angry and loud, but my traitorous cats changed my voice to silk at the last minute making it sound more suggestive than it should have, a slight purr to it. Instead of answering me he flipped me so my back was up against the wall instead of my front. His rough hands slowly traveled up the sides of my waist, gripping it softly.

“I’ve been waiting for you, you know? So we could finish what we started, just the two of us.” His husky voice whispered into my ear, but he could have shouted it for how loud it sounded in the dark room. My brain began to go foggy, I knew there was something I should be doing but I couldn’t remember what and my cats wouldn’t help, they were too busy trying to get inside Harold’s pants. His head inched closer to mine and I stood still waiting for the sparks, I could do nothing else and it frustrated me to no end. How could I, a goddess of war, almost, on Zion be at the mercy of a mere mongrel? ‘Because he is our mate’, my baby jag Kyra whispered back. She was the cat I used the most, the one who just so happened to be the most sarcastic. She knew d*mn well he wasn’t our true mate but she went along with it because I couldn’t let her be with her mate Leki; Fred’s wolf. The sparks started and my mind went blank.

‘Harold’, ‘Harold’, ‘Harold’, it was the only thing present in my mind, but when I stared at his face it began to fade, and red hair and sexy gray eyes appeared. My mind came back into focus now that I realized he was what I needed to get out of this mess. I pushed Harold off and ran to the door. I needed to get to Kat! Everything started coming back; the reason I was nervous when I entered the building, why I was paranoid coming to my door though I could seriously whoop anyone’s a*s, the reason why a cold sweat was climbing down my back; “Hunters”.

As I rushed out of the room their scent finally reached me, no longer dim but very potent on this floor. I threw Kat’s door open to find the entire place deserted. “Kat” I screamed, but I was left with no reply. Harold entered Kat’s apartment a second later to find me against the wall hands hold my head. I let this happen. I couldn’t wait a few minutes just to check up on Kat? Harold came close to me but I held a hand up, I didn’t want to be touched in this moment. I opened my mind to Kat and Lexi, but Kat’s constant presence was missing. I felt Lexi’s panic through the bound and knew she was on her way here. Things seemed to only get worse since these dogs got here but I’ll be damned if their interference causes us to lose Kat.