Cats vs. Dogs - Chapter 4 (The Dogs)

Chapter4

Sorry for the weight it is hard to write something in which the dogs, well I don’t want to spoil it ;)

Lexi’s P.O.V.

Freddie left the room heated. His eyes were practically on fire and I could only thank the gods no humans were put in this class. Kat let her short brown hair drop the glamour and turn back into the shoulder length vibrant red hair that would have freaked humans out. I couldn’t look to my right as all of the Zion mutts had their eyes on us felines. Why couldn’t they go back to Zion? I mean we left for a reason. It was bad enough the Snakes were watching our every move but now we had to worry about what the dogs were doing as well. I sighed and snuggled into Liam’s warm embrace trying to lose myself in his touch. I couldn’t. Cam kept glancing at my side of the gym trying to make eye contact, but I couldn’t allow that. If we locked eyes I would be sucked into the beauty and he would win. There was no doubt in my mind that I didn’t love Cam, but I couldn’t love Liam in the right way either. My heart would always belong to Cam whether I accepted it or not. I would never be able to love someone else and I hated Cam for that.

I wasn’t a slut on Zion, no I didn’t go sleeping around with every guy but I wasn’t a prude either. I knew how to have my fun but I kept myself in check. I couldn’t even handle myself in the presence of Cam! All I wanted to do every time I saw him was wrap my arms around his broad shoulders and let him have his way with me in every which way, but I wouldn’t. I kissed the base of Liam’s neck trying to distract myself but that only resulted in Cameron growling. In the strangest way, it was a turn-on. It didn’t matter if it was how sexy it sounded or the fact that it was his protectiveness of me, whatever it was it needed to knock the FUCK OFF! I just hissed half heartedly not having the energy to snap at him. I was already emotionally drained and it was only 9:20.

I didn’t have to tap into Em’s mind to know she was hurting as bad as Freddie. I wouldn’t keep her from him even if I was her Alpha. I was her best friend first but she was bent on hating the Zion’s, they had, after all, killed pieces of her family. This was ancient news but fresh to all of us in this generation of shifters. The Zion people, more so the men rather than the women, were nothing but trouble and they always have been. They stole, raped, cheated, lied, and anything else physically possible to hurt the Zion Felines. The Snakes were another story for another day.

“Okay class,” Dr. Gowens started trying to get the class to quiet. He was unsuccessful as a verbal fight broke out between, of course Jaylynn, and a Zion mutt. From her hissing and his awestruck eyes I could already tell he was her mate. I sighed frustrated. The Zions did not give up! I tried to get up and storm out but Liam just held on to me tighter. “Everything is going to be alright love. I’m here for you. The gods are having some issues but all will get sorted out soon.” Liam whispered softly in my ear causing me to giggle at the cool breath on my ear and at the corny joke. The gods had been having issues since the dawn of time.

Kat and Em had a dazed look on their face as they were seated on their fake mate’s laps. I instantly let my cat take over and enter the mind chat. “Finally! It took you long enough,” Ember stated frustrated and hurting because of Freddie. “Well excuse me!” I snapped back half jokingly because I too was a bit hurt over my true mate. Em smirked and Kat cleared her throat. “What the hell are we going to do? Those bitches are making life hell, and shit we haven’t even gotten to second period!” I agreed this little war that started no even 3 hours ago was already taking a toll on us.  Two felines had found mates in Zion dogs, neither one of them happy about it. I sighed. My job as Alpha just got more complicated. “Whatever we do, all I know is that we have to win this so called ‘war’. I refused, let me say that again. I REFUSE to lose. WE ARE THE BETTER IMMORTALS!” Ember was riling herself up trying to block out the pain from Freddie’s departure.