Chapter sixteen: Confessions..

We left her body there and I went to Kaneki.

We looked at each other for a while, and he had sadness in his eyes.

I chuckled and ran to embrace him in a hug. He was startled at my action and stumbled back a bit, but held his ground.

He loosened his muscles and hugged me back.

"I'm sorry. It was my fault Elizabeth got to you." I apologized while burying my head in his warm chest.

"No, It's okay. It was my fault for storming out." He chuckled and closed his eyes.

"Why did you storm out?" I asked, picking up my head to look at him.

He stuttered and blushed, his heart racing.

"W-well, I-I kinda..." He trailed off. I blushed a little because I had a feeling that I knew what finished that sentence.

"Like you." He finished, looking away, as red as a tomato.

At that moment, I too became the same face color and stuttered my words. "Y-you do?" I asked.

He nodded a "yes". Without thinking of the consequences, I quickly brought my lips to his, savoring the moment.

He was tense at first, but melted into the kiss. I noticed it was getting a little too heated, so I pulled away, gasping for breath.

Crap, I have a boyfriend...

"Y-Yuri..." He says. "Ah! Sorry!" I said and backed away.

"N-no! Don't be sorry, I liked it." He smiled.

Crap, this is awkward.

"You lovebirds should go back soon." Kyo says.

'We're not lovebirds!" I yelled at her.

She just chuckled and rubbed my head. "Might wanna break it to your boyfriend." She said and hugged me.

"Shit..." I sighed and hugged her back. 

"Bye sis, bye Kaneki." She smirked and ran away.

"Let's go home." Kaneki said.

"Yeah, let's go home, Kaneki." I smiled