"Oh, that's weird? He texted me telling me to stop by if I had a chance — that he was in all day?"

That was definitely weird. Why would my brother randomly tell Liam to come over when he wasn't even home himself?

"Oh... well, he's not here," I informed him, furrowing my brows in confusion — mirroring the look he was displaying.

"Strange. Well now that I'm here we could hang out? I've missed you," he smiled.

I definitely could not blow him off, so how was I going to tell him that Harry was here? I guess he did say he didn't mind that Harry and I are friends...

"Uh... sure," I said cheerily yet nervously, "It wouldn't be just me and you, though... Har— Um... Harry's here."

"Oh, cool," he replied. He sounded a bit disappointed but not at all upset or angry — he was probably just a bit disheartened that he wouldn't have me to himself.

"Is that okay?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yeah, that's fine," he smiled again, and I nodded and stepped to the side to let him in.

My heart was working overtime — beating hard against my ribcage at the thought of Liam, who I had decided I didn't want to be with anymore, in the same room as Harry, who I'd confessed that I wanted to be with hours prior. This was my worst nightmare and I was living it.

"Alright mate," Liam was the first to speak, addressing Harry who was still sat on the sofa with his back to us. He peered over his shoulder pretentiously, looking at Liam as though his presence didn't bother him one way or another.

"Hey," he muttered back, diverting his gaze back to the TV which he must've turned on in my absence.

I sat back down in the arm chair and Liam had no choice but to sit next to Harry. The awkward tension had intensified so much that I felt like I was suffocating, I didn't know if either of them felt it, but it was tearing me apart.

"Any idea where Niall is?" Liam spoke up again to break the silence.

"Not the foggiest," Harry mumbled, not even taking his eyes off the screen. He was not making this any easier, as usual.

After another long silence, Harry suddenly came out with, "Jess, can you show me to the bathroom?"

My eyebrows knitted together again as I looked at him suspiciously. He'd been over here so many times, he definitely knew where the bathroom was. What was he up to?

"There's a toilet through that door in the porch," I reminded him, testing for his reaction.

"Oh yeah, I know, but I just remembered last time I was over here I left something, and Niall said he'd left it in the cabinet in the upstairs bathroom? I don't want to rummage through your stuff, can you come with me?" His story was all too well planned out and definitely fake.

I glanced to Liam, who wasn't the slightest bit fazed nor interested in our conversation, he was just obliviously watching the telly, so I agreed and Harry and I took to the stairs. I hesitantly stepped into the bathroom and he followed, shutting the door.

"Tell him."

"What? Harry I ca—"

"Jess, tell him. Now's your chance."

He was absolutely ruthless. Not a kind word left his mouth in an attempt to persuade me, he just straight up ordered me around like this was nothing.

"I don't know..."

"Jess," he said lowly in a warning tone. "Better sooner than later."

I thought for a second, a shaky breath leaving my nose right before I gulped loudly. "Okay."