CHAPTER 20

Soon after, I went crazy again. I felt numb as I lost control of my body. The soldiers tried to run away, but I was too fast for them. I leapt on one man and chewed his neck off. As I did, the remaining soldiers dashed to the door. The lieutenant pushed through the crowd of petrified soldiers and struggled to open the door. When he found that he couldn't, Lieutenant Michaels punched it.

"Damn it!" he cursed. He and everybody else turned back to face me. I smirked, holding the head of my latest victim. The lieutenant grabbed a rifle from someone else's back.

"Shoot her down. I want her head mounted above my fireplace." All of the soldiers, Michaels included, began firing their guns at me. Once I dropped the head on the ground, I sprouted my wings and used them to cover myself. The bullets reflected off the leathery material.

When I thought the attacks would never end, they did. I retracted my wings as I surveyed the scene. Lieutenant Michaels threw his gun on the ground angrily. Veins were scattered across his forehead and his face was the color of cherries. The other soldiers, disheartened, put down their own weapons. My smirk grew bigger.

"What's wrong, lieutenant? Struggling to keep up with me?" I sneered. And that was when the lieutenant snapped. He clenched his fists until his knuckles turned white. He grabbed a pistol from his pocket and aimed it at me.

"Rot in Hell, you bitch!" he spat. He shot multiple times right at me. The four bullets flew through the air. They looked like they were going in slow motion. Very easily, I caught each and every one of them before they could scathe me. All of the soldiers watched in awe as I cupped them in my hand and then dropped them on the floor. I licked my lips.

"Now if you excuse me, it's dinnertime." And then the real blood fest happened. I rushed at them, slaughtering every soldier in sight. The lieutenant hid in a corner while I fed off their bodies. Each one was more delicious than the last, and I enjoyed all of them. And once I murdered the last of the petty soldiers, my focus was set on my last target. The lieutenant crawled under a table and cowered in fear with his measly pistol. I strode over to him.

"Please don't kill me," he squealed. Snickering, I kicked the table away from where it was. Then I grabbed onto his collar and pulled him close to my face.

"Really?" I spoke. "I'm starving over here, and that's how you act. It's like you want to die." The lieutenant tightened his grip on his pistol. He carried a look of fear on his face.

"Please...." I rolled my eyes.

"You remind me so much of your chief before I killed him. Weak, pathetic, ignorant," I licked my fangs. "And now, dead." And without another second wasted, I drank his blood. His blood was rich and creamy, and it made me go wild. I drank at bigger amounts, and the lieutenant slowly became weaker and weaker. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't. Or more like I didn't want to.

When I finished, my mouth was completely red from the blood. I licked it off horrendously. The lieutenant's lifeless body fell from my twitching hands. As I slowly reverted to my normal self, I released a sigh. Now I really needed to leave this place before I did anything else. I was on my way out when my eyes caught something. I looked up at the corner to see a camera. Immediately, I ripped it off the wall and crushed it with my hands. I dropped the bits on the ground.

"All right, then. Where's the door to this place?" I said to myself. I looked around until my eyes rested on the exit. In front of it was the bloody body of a dead soldier. I held onto the soldier's feet and pulled him out of the way. Once I finished, I opened the door and walked right through.

It was a miracle how I was the only person in the police station. Or at least the only person who was alive. There was a long hallway that stretched on until it revealed a staircase. I jogged to the other side and was about to make my way down when I heard a sound. I froze. What was that? I slowly turned around. And when I did, my answer came.