The Quarerback's Story!!! Chapter 23

Start from the beginning

I saw a nurse come into the room with a wheelchair.

"I think she should see a therapist." The doctor suggest.

"I don't want to force her to do something she doesn't want to do." My mom wipes tears from her eyes. The doctor nods her head with her lips pursed.

"Well I do recommend that she does see a therapist because keeping something like this winded up inside her will only make things worse. She could snap like this again anytime." The doctor explains and my mom nods her head before she helps me up into the wheel chair.

The nurse pushes me towards the lobby and I sit and watch as my mom signs me out of the hospital. We make our way to the car and I'm helped out of the wheel chair and into the car.

"Get well soon." The nurse gives me a look of sympathy.

I don't need her sympathy.

I hated sympathy.

We drive home silently until I decided to turn on the radio to drown out the silence.

"The boys will be happy to see you." She hoarsely says. I look out the window and watch as the trees pass by fast.

"I don't want to see them." I never thought those words would come out of my mouth, but then again I never thought that I would fall apart anytime soon either.

My mom turns her head towards me in shock for a moment before turning her head back in the road.

"Is it because of Damon?" I stare at her in confusion.

"What does this have to do with Damon?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Well you know... Since you got him confused with your brother." I continue to stare at her with a frown on my face.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, when you first woke up you thought that Damon was Eric and we tried to tell you that he was Damon." I shake my head at her.

"I know that Damon is Damon." We pull up into our driveway and she makes her way over to my side. I hold onto her hand as we both make our way to the door.

As I enter the house I'm instantly greeted by a neat looking living room. I scan the house and realize that it had been redecorated and designed for someone who was injured.

"Mom... I'm not handicap." My jaw was clenched hard. She looks at me with sad eyes and I glare at her.

"I know that sweetie. We just felt the need to make the house a little more friendly to someone who has been injured multiple times." She explains.

"Who's we?" I saw from the corner of my eye someone come up from the basement stairs.

And by someone, I meant the whole football team.

I saw Mason first, then Brandon. They looked at me with sad smiles on their faces.

Something that I had prayed not to see.

"Welcome home Hun." Brandon engulfs me with a light hug. I stiffen up at first, but then relax.

I knew Brandon would never hurt me.

It was just my subconscious telling me to stay away from males in general.

"We made...well brought a football cake for you. It's downstairs if you want some." Mason says to me. I give him a small smile.

I feel Brandon touch my bandaged fist and I flinch slightly.

"How did this happen?" I looked over at the rest of the guys and they all looked too scared to say anything. It was as if they were holding their breaths.