The Quarterback's story!!! Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Zoe's Pov.

Today was the day.

It was finally Friday and I was pumped and ready for the game. Damon and I were currently out for breakfast in the morning at Starbucks. We didn't care if we were late because to be honest, it was Friday and Fridays were always the time to be chilled and laid back.

"I'll be back, I need a straw." I stated and got up. As I was walking to the counter, I spotted a familiar set of hair. He turned around and his greenish grey eyes showed recognition in them.

"Hey Zoe!" Cole says with a smile. I smile back at him and reach for the straw.

"I haven't seen you in a while, how is everything?" He asked me and I knew that he meant how was everything with my injury.

"I'm doing fine and ready to play in the game today." I stood a little taller just to show him that I would always stick with my team no matter what. His eyes showed admiration and something else I couldn't quite explain.

"Well that's good. I don't want us to have any resentment towards each other just because of what happened." He said guilty.

"Oh no, I forgive your team, but just expect us to kick your asses so hard that you guys won't be able to walk for months." I throw a promise towards him and with that I walked back towards Damon. I could feel Coles' stare burning in the back of my head.

"What did that asswipe want?" Damon said with an annoyed expression on his face.

"He's not an asswipe, he just said that he didn't want to have any resentment towards each other." Damon snorted at my words.

"Resentment my ass! He had my grudge ever since he tried to flirt with you." I shake my head at him with a secretive smile sitting on my lips.

"Okay, we should probably leave for school." I groan in annoyance. If it was up to me, I would ban school because to me it was stupid. It was basically just a competition for having the best grades.

Ew.

"Okay ready to endure hell?" He jokes at me with a sarcastic smile. I punch his arm lightly before we walk with our fingers intertwined together to the car.

I'm ready to endure hell.

*

*

*

We walked into Mr. Alexanders class late and he looked as if he was ready to murder both of us with just his pinky finger.

Yeah I know, weird.

"Please do join our class." he announces sarcastically.

"Why thank you, I will if you don't mind." I responded back as a reflex making the class snicker. He raises an eyebrow at me while crossing his arms.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't give me attitude everyday Miss Hockens." He states strictly. I ignore his remark and sit with the boys. Mr. Alexander gave me one last lingering look before turning towards the class.

"Okay class I would like for you guys to hand in your essays and make sure that it is typed. If it is not, then don't bother turning it in at all. If you didn't turn in your paper, then you will automatically get a zero entered into the grade book which will probably drop you down a letter grade since this is a summative grade." he explains and a sinking feeling drops in my stomach.

I forgot my paper at home.

Shit

Shit