The Quarterback's story!!! Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Zoe's Pov.

I couldn't breathe.

I was sitting in the lockers and I wasn't coming back out.

I heard the door open but I continued to wrap my arms around my knees with my forehead pressed against my knees.

"Zoe, get up." I Heard Damon's voice as hard as steel. I raised my head up slowly and stared into his fire blazing green eyes.

"Explain." he said curtly. I flinched at his hostile tone.

"There's nothing to explain." I turned my head away from him. I heard him give out a humorless laugh.

"There's nothing to explain? Well if I'm correct I think my girlfriend kissed my brother and then didn't tell me about it!" Damon spits out.

"Damon it didn't mean anything and for the record, he kissed me, not the other way around." I explained making him roll his eyes.

"Okay big difference. You both still liked it!" He ran a hand through his hair roughly. His eyes held so much pain making my heart ache for him.

"Zoe...do you still love me?" He whispered out. I looked at him sharply.

"Of course I do! I will always love you." I stated firmly. But, by the way he was looking, I'm not sure if he believed what I said anymore.

"Then why did you kiss him!?" He yelled at me fiercely.

"I don't know!" I yelled back. He walked over to me and took my chin between his two fingers.

"You like him, don't you?" I shook my head at him as my eyes begin to fill with tears.

"I don't have feelings for him. I have feelings for you!" I try to take his hand but he drops it from my face before I can take it into my hand.

"If you did then you wouldn't be whoring around with my own brother!" His face morphed into disgust and he looked away from me.

"It was just a kiss, we didn't sleep together!" I shout in frustration. Damon snapped his head in my direction. He slid down next to me and pressed our foreheads together.

"Okay so it was just a kiss. Next time it'll be just touching and then it'll turn into having sex. But that's okay, you guys can keep kissing." Damon says sarcastically.

"Damon I lov-" he cuts me off.

"Don't." he snaps. He shakes his head.

"You know Zoe. You always had a lot of guys going after you. Of course you never noticed most of them, but I did. I noticed every single one of them and all I wanted to do was to punch them in their fucking faces for just looking at you." He stroked my face.

"That was in second grade." He whispers, his eyes starting to glaze over.

"Please just tell me what I have to do to keep you here, with me." Damon pleaded to me. I was frozen and could barely mutter out a word.

"I'll do anything. just please don't leave me." He choked out and in that moment, he reminded me of a lost little boy who needed to be loved.

"Damon you don't have to do anything. You're perfect the way you are. I'm sorry for not telling you about the kiss. I Love you Damon." I stare him straight into the eyes and lean in to connect our lips together softly.

I tangle my fingers into his soft silky hair as our tongues battle for dominance. Damon wins and he pulls me closer to him, if that was even possible.

He pulls away from me after awhile and rests his forehead against mine while closing his eyes.

"I feel like we're drifting apart." he states. My heart clenches as I begin to realize this.

I hold on to him tighter.

"Couples fight all the time Damon." I try to explain to him. He shakes his head and opens his eyes to look at me.

"If you want to be with my brother, just say the word. But I think that'll break me. You hold my heart in your hands And you're the only one who can truly break me." His voice is strained as if it's physically hurting him to talk.

We stay in the same position with our foreheads pressed together. I take his hand and intertwine our fingers together. It felt like no matter what I said, I wasn't getting anything across to him.

"Do you think we should break up?" He asked me, making my heart clench.

"No...do you want to?" I felt my throat closing in on itself.

"No." we stare straight ahead in silence.

"I don't think I could ever live without you Zoe. So if you ever really want to cut me deep, then just say your leaving me." it pained me to hear him say that because I didn't ever want to leave him.

"I won't ever leave you Damon." I felt his muscles loosen up a little. He turns his head to face me again. I continue on.

"Even when we're old and have grey hair, I'm not going to leave you." I reassure him.

"I know that you probably don't know this Zoe, but when it comes to you, I'm very insecure. I'm always afraid of losing you. When a guy looks at you, all I want to do is punch him in the face, but I also feel as if your going to leave me." He explains. I take his face into my hands.

"No guy could ever compare to you Damon. Why do you have such a resentment towards your brother anyway?" I wondered out loud. His gives me a 'are you crazy' look.

"Because he wants you! He always wants what's mine!" He mutters out the last part.

"Oh so I'm yours?" I tease him making his face go a little pink.

"Yes you are mine and no one else's." He captures my lips with his and pulls me into a slow lingering kiss. We eventually pull away; our breaths both rigid.

"Gosh, I love you. If it wasn't for our age..." He trails off making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"What about our age?" He throws me a breath taking smile.

"You would be Mrs.Alexander."
He then engulfs me into another one of his breath taking kisses. I think about what he said and I smile into his mouth.

I liked the sound of that.

************************************************

Okay guys I know this chapter was short, but hopefully the next chapter will definitely be longer. So tell me what you guys thought of Zoe and Damon's cute little moment? :) like it? Love it? Hate it?

Comment

Vote

Follow

Thanks!😘