Chapter Five

A/N: Sorry this one is so short, I didn't really have the motivation for it.  Please leave feedback!

The boys had just left Simon’s house after his demonstration saying they had some important business to attend to.

  “Yeah, sleeping,” Niall replied under his breath.  Zayn whacked his head.

  They all climbed back into Harry’s car and drove back to Zayn’s flat.  Once there, each boy made himself comfortable.  Niall had gone to the kitchen to grab some snacks (in Niall-speak snacks mean an entree) and then returned and plopped down on the couch next to Liam.

  “So…what do we do first?”  Harry asked.

  “Figure out our powers I guess, I’ve already got an idea on what mine is.  I’m pretty sure I can read minds, I’ve been hearing you lads say stuff but then you say you never said it.  So there’s my reasoning,”  Zayn said.

  “What about my flat being covered in ice this morning?  What kind of power would that be?  I’m pretty sure the Avengers didn’t have an Ice Man,” Louis joked.

  “Maybe you can control and make ice, it makes sense.  The only thing that’s off is when you stepped on the ice it melted right around your feet like they were on fire.  How do you explain that?”  Zayn asked.

  “Maybe I can also do stuff with fire, you never know until you try.”  As soon as Louis said this he stood up and stuck his hand out and made a constipated face, trying to give off some snowflakes or a puff of smoke at least.  When he saw that his efforts were useless and the boys were laughing at his expression, he sat down and stayed quiet.

  “Oh yeah?  Just see how funny you’ll look doing whatever it is that you do, Mr. Sensible,” Louis glared at Liam.

  “Actually, I may have an idea about your power there, mate.  This morning you looked pretty…new.  Like all your skin was glowing and it was perfect, not a scratch on you,” Zayn said.

  “What would my power be then?  It’s not like it would be useful to have a skin-rejuvenation-guy on the team.”

  “Actually that may just be what we need, a healer.”  Harry snorted at this and bit his lip to keep from bursting out laughing.

  “What’s so funny Styles?” Liam asked, glaring at Harry.

  “Seriously?  A healer?  Look at the guy, he’s a puppy not a medical assistant!”

  “So?” Zayn interjected.

  “So I highly doubt Liam would be able to run out onto the fighting grounds to heal us without pissing himself,” Harry stated, then whispered, “Shiny silver things scare him.”

  “I’m pretty sure there’s a huge difference between big dangerous guns and,” Liam gulped, “spoons.”

  “Okay let’s close the ‘Liam’s power is lame’ discussion.  Moving on, Niall Horan!  What strange things have happened to you since we saw Annabel?” Zayn interrupted before Harry and Liam could go on.

  “To be honest, I’ve got nothing.  Everything has been pretty normal.  If you could call being in a famous boy band normal…but yeah.  Normal.”

  “Hey maybe that’s your power!  Being the only normal one!” Louis shouted.  All the boys glared at him and he shrunk back into his seat.

  “Really nothing, Niall?” Liam asked with a pout.

  “Nothing, but hey!  Maybe I’m just a late bloomer, it’ll probably come around eventually.  But we still have one more person to interrogate, Harry Styles!” Niall pointed directly at Harry.

  “Well there was that one time I got drunk and talked to a cat…could I be able to talk to animals?” Harry looked around for an answer.  Louis sighed.

  “Harry that was months before the incident with Annabel happened.  There’s no way any of us had powers back then.  Anything else?”

  “Well…” Harry started, running a hand through his curls, “yesterday I thought I was looking at myself in a mirror, except it was in the middle of my living room.  There are no reflective surfaces in there at all, yet I was somehow standing right in front of me.  Then I blinked and it was normal again.”

  “You could have made a copy of yourself.  Often times when a person can do that both halves have one side of the original’s personality,” Zayn explained.  Then, when he realized that sounded really, really nerdy, “I like superheroes, so what?”

  “Okay, so far we have Liam with healing abilities, Zayn with mind reading, Harry with duplication, Louis can control ice and fire.  What about me?” Niall whined.

  “Don’t worry mate, like you said, maybe you’re just a late bloomer.  By this time tomorrow I’m sure we will have figured it out.”