Chapter Two

A/N: Here's chapter two! Only about 900 words, but it's something, right?  Comment, fan, vote, whatever it is that you do.  Remember, anytype of feedback is like a million bucks to me, so make me rich :)

Sly as a fox, Annabel ran over to the five racks of clothing that were on the other side of the room from the mirror.  She situated herself in between a navy blue blazer and a red polo shirt.

  “That performance was sick!  Did you hear those screams after the last song?  They were so loud!”

  “Niall, we get those screams every night we perform.  But yeah, they were pretty loud.”

  Annabel peeked out from her hiding spot and saw five boys sitting on the couches that were scattered throughout the room.  The blonde one, Niall she remembered, was munching on basically everything that was set on the snack table.  He wore a red polo that was very much the same as the one that she was hiding next to, and white pants to match.

  Well, he’ll be the first to die then.  Annabel thought grimly to herself.

  The next boy she saw had black hair that was styled in a ski-jump sort of shape.  Zayn, the name came to her.  She could see he had many tattoos, especially on his right arm.  Covering the rest of his tattoos was a blue and white varsity jacket and white pants like Niall.  Sitting on the couch opposite was a boy who looked like a fairy to Annabel.  He had feathery hair that was in a swoop down style, covering most of his forehead.  He had a blue and white striped shirt and tight red pants on.  His blue eyes were currently racking over whatever was on the screen of his phone.  Louis.

  Bringing her vision to the other half of the room, she saw a buzz cut and the cutest little puppy dog face you could see.  He had on a blue plaid shirt and white pants.  Typical Liam.

  Then she brought her gaze over to the one known as Harry.  The signature brown curls, the piercing green eyes, the dimples that were to die for.  Fitted white t-shirt, blue blazer, and white pants like the other boys.  There was also a metal paper airplane hanging around his neck.

 ”Boys, it’s time to go to an interview now.  Come and get in the van.”

  “Okay Paul, we’ll be there in just a second.  Alright lads, let’s go!”  Liam said, putting on his Daddy Direction face.

  The boys all filed out of the room, but not before each one grabbed something from the snack table to eat in the car on their way.

  Annabel came out from her hiding place and surveyed the room one last time before she would leave.  What was a tidy area before was overrun with empty water bottles, food wrappers, a jacket on the back of a chair…wait a minute.

  Whose jacket is that?  They’re probably going to come back for it soon, I should get out of here.

  She ran out of the room and into the hallway, trying to remember which way she came from when she heard footsteps coming around the corner.  Whoever’s jacket that was they were coming back for it and if she didn’t leave right now she would get caught.  Annabel sprinted in the opposite direction of the footsteps and found herself outside.

  “Annabel, where are you?  I know you’re outside, come back to the van,” Sir commanded.

  “On my way, Sir.”

  As she was walking back she thought about what her life has become since Sir made her what she is.  You see, Sir had found Annabel on his front step two years ago because she had run away from home.  She was only 14 at the time, but she knew what she was doing.  It was entirely her idea to have Sir test the super power serum on her first, and to his delight it was successful.  Annabel had gained the ability to turn invisible, just what she wanted at the time.  They had discovered through many other tests that the serum would give you a power based on your personality.  The only bad thing was that the super power would only last a few days before it went away.  Sir was currently testing on rats to try and perfect the serum so the results were permanent.

  Speaking of the test rats, the newly formulated serum they fed them this morning should have taken effect by now, and they could monitor them over the next few days to see if they were successful.  If it turns out that Sir had found the right formula this time, then he would start recruiting for his army.

  “Annabel! I am speaking to you!”

  “Oh, sorry I was daydreaming.”

  “Yes well I don’t pay you to daydream now do I?”

  “You don’t pay me at all actually.”

  Sir just rolled his eyes and parked the car in the garage.  They both walked inside their “home” and took off their coats.

  “I’m going to go check on the rats,” Sir grumbled.  He dragged himself down the hallway and into the lab room where he did all his “work”.  Pulling out the cage that contained the rats, he set it on the table and opened the door waiting for them to scurry out onto the table.  But no rats came out of the cage.  Sir peeked inside and what he saw terrified him.  They were all dead, and it wasn’t from any natural causes.  This was the work of one of Sir’s poisons.