Until there was a single knock on the door, followed by another.

I didn't dare open the door. I stayed silent, clutching onto my stomach as it rumbled from the lack of food from the last few days; I've lost a lot of weight and I've began looking like a skeleton.

"Minji," Jungkook's sweet muffled voice filled my ears, giving me pure ecstasy. "I'm sorry for whatever I've done. You're always there for me but I know I always pester you about Yeri and my love life. I'm sorry that I take advantage of your kindness." Jungkook continued as a slient sob could be heard.

I fought the urges of wanting to hold him in my arms and telling him that I'm here for him. I want to go back to just having Jungkokk to myself but even I knew that was impossible.

I stood up on my knees, reaching for the door knob but stopped as I realised what opening this door meant.

If I open this door, I'm giving up.

I won't ever end up with him.

He'll end up with Yeri and I'll be the one alone.

His quiet sobs softened my heart and my hand made its way to the door knob, slightly turning the handle.

I'm let one last tear slid down my face, allowing it to hit the floor. The sound of the clock ticking was now gone and all I could hear was the sound of my heart shattering in to small shards and fragments.

It's really over for me now.

"Please leave me alone." I widened my eyes as those words slipped out of my mouth. Jungkook stopped sobbing as he muttered a small muffled 'okay'.

I let go of the down knob and buried my face in my hands.

"Bye Minnie."

My old nickname, the name he had given to me after I started calling him Kookie.

The tears brimming on my eyes fell once again. Jungkook's heavy footsteps became further and further away until it completely disappeared.

"I had enough, please, please make it stop!" I croaked as I threw the vase onto the floor.

The small shards of glass accidentally cut my fingertips. I winced in pain but didn't even move from my stop. The pain was unbearable yet the pain Jungkook is making me feel is practically killing me.

"Please...stop."
__________________________

I went to school a few days after Jungkook's little visit and my breakdown. He stopped sending me messages and didn't call me once after our encounter.

But it didn't bother me.

I stopped waiting long ago.

As I entered the classroom I didn't even look at any of my classmates in their eyes. I laid my bag down next to my chair and sat down.

One classmate walked up to me, tapped me on the shoulder and gave me the pitiful smile that I detested. "Minji-ssi we were wondering if you knew where Jungkook was. He hasn't been school for a while."

I looked up apologetically and shrugged. They smiled sincerely and politely thanked me. Before they stepped away they turned back.

"One more thing," They began, "so is it true? Jungkook and Yeri is dating?"

I averted my eyes away, my heart pounding loudly against the sound of the busy classroom.

"I don't know."

They sighed and walked away before squealing with their group of friends. The class stayed noisy until everyone abruptly became silent. I thought it was just the teacher so I didn't even look to the front. But then there was footsteps coming towards my direction.