[4/10]

Getting closer to the fall preliminaries, Kenma adds more of his practice time. Alone. Because he's embarrassed of someone finding out.

He needs to be better because he made a promise with Shouyou that they'll meet in the official match. A battle when there's no other second chance, a battle of death. Maybe, it's too exaggerating but it's important to both of them.

Desire for a battle of the garbage dump.

Desire to let Shouyou makes him mad or excited.

He can't just be weak and lose in first round. And even he has to face Kotarou and Kenji on the final, he wanted win so bad.

Only for meeting Shouyou.

Keeping his promise.

Yet, he was overworked and fallen sick a week before match.

He never felt so helpless in life.

"Idiot. Getting all worked up." Tetsuurou flicked Kenma's forehead.

Kenma didn't reply. He was just laying on his bed, breathing hardly with a wet napkin on his forehead.

"I never see you like this." Tetsuurou said again sitting on the corner of Kenma's bed.

"All for that shorty right?"

Kenma just stared at Tetsuurou's eyes, keeping his poker face. But, Tetsuro's words obviously just hit bull's eyes.

Tetsuurou sighed. "Stupid."

Then he messed with Kenma's hair. "We'll definitely will meet shorty and his team."

"But come to practice when you're on your best form- no not like this!" He cut Kenma's words, even though Kenma just only opened his mouth. "I bet shorty won't like to see you sick and weak when he has a match with us."

The sick boy just sighs and nods lightly. And when the bedhead captain is gone, Kenma closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

But, his phone ringtone's ringing loudly disturbing his short peace. Kenma's eyes is wide open. He's trying to reach his phone by only his hand and not trying to get up from his bed.

When he got his phone and looked at the caller id, he furrowed his brows.

Hinata Shouyou
[Accept] [Decline]

He pressed the accept button and adjust his flip phone to his ear.

"KENMA!!!!!!" The chirpy voice that he usually hears rang from the other line. "I HEARD YOU SICK AND I'M WORRIED!!"

Kenma can't helped beside cracks a bit of smile.

"KENMA! DON'T GET SICK WE HAVE TO MEET IN AN OFFICIAL MATCH!" The sunshine child practically screamed. "KARASUNO NEEDS TO BEAT NEKOMA!"

"Nekoma will still win." Kenma replied defending his school.

Shouyou laughed. "I can hear your sickly voice."

"Okay I just wanted to check on you because I can't go to Tokyo of course. I have matches to win!" He said again.

"Good luck," Kenma told him.

"Don't good luck me just take a rest, you pudding," Shouyou scolds him. "Sleep, eat, don't play video games! That also meant not playing with your phone too! After our phone call ended you go to sleep!"

Kenma grumbles. "hmmm.."

"..and Kenma? Good luck to you too."

___

overprotective boyfriend mode activated.
if hinata could go to tokyo easily i bet he will just to check on kenma. and kuroo being such a sweet midget telling hinata to call kenma.

Tumblr: r-u-mad-alice-chan
AO3: itsokaytobepanic
Pixiv: sugoimortals
8tracks: rednine

#kenhinaisforevercanon