Chapter 9

"LIZSETH!"

I grinned as I stood in the front yard. My family had just arrived, and I'd missed them immensely. The last time we'd seen them had been about three months ago. I was excited. They all looked the same. My mom still had her same short black hair, and her brown eyes gleamed in the sun. My dad was still fit and strong with the same black hair and brown eyes. My sister was now 19 years old and looked just like I did when I was her age. She dyed her hair a dark brown, and she got a tattoo on her wrist. Abby was still short as ever with dark blonde hair. Her emerald green eyes shimmered as she grinned her beautiful smile. Craig had gotten a little buffer. He still had the same short black hair and fudge brown eyes. My dad had his arm wrapped around my mother as they walked toward us. Jalleth let go of Craig's hand as she and Abby ran over to me.

I hugged them both as they nearly tackled me to the ground. I laughed as I hear Abby squeal. She was always so hyperactive. She could make anyone smile even in their darkest times, and for me, those times were just starting. Since summer just began, my family would be here to help me deal with all my Onyx trouble. I knew they all hated him, but there wasn't much anyone could do because he is Brylane's father.

"Oh My Gosh." Abby squeaked. "I've missed you like so much."

"I missed you all, too. I'm so glad you're finally here." I let go of them and grabbed my mom in a hug as they neared me. Jeez, I wish I could have my mom's hugs all the time. Her hugs always made me feel a little bit better no matter what the situation. I kissed her cheek and moved to my dad hugging him tight. "I love you guys."

"Well, where's my hug?" I laughed as I walked over to Craig and pulled him to me. He laughed and hugged me tight. He'd gotten bigger, so I couldn't wrap my arms all the way around him like I used to. If you had met him when we were kids, you never would have thought he'd be this big. I guess the Alpha blood had finally kicked in when he hit puberty. "I missed you, bud."

"I missed you, too." I said. Pulling away, I watched as everyone hugged Sakimo. At first, they were a little cautious of him. They didn't want me to trust him, they thought he'd turn out to be just like Onyx, but he didn't. It's been five years, and he's been standing by my side ever since. I didn't know what it was, but something just told me that I could trust him from the start. Actually, I guess I kind of did know, but back then, I didn't want to think about it after what had just happened with Onyx.

"Hi, Kimo." Abby greeted bouncing up and down. I laughed and finally took notice of the guy standing behind her.

"Abby," I started. "Who's this?"

Her eyes widen, and she face palmed herself. "Oh My Gosh, how in the world could I forget about Eddie?" She grabbed his hand and skipped over to me. "This is my mate, Eddie. Do you remember me telling you about him?"

"Oh," I exclaimed, a light finally going off. Of course, I remembered her telling me she met her mate. She couldn't stop screaming about it when she'd called me two months ago to tell me. "Hi, Eddie. I'm Lizseth."

He smiled. "I know. Abby has told me so much about you, it's great to finally meet you."

I laughed. "It's great to meet you, too. This is my mate, Sakimo." I said introducing him.

They shook hands. "Great to meet you, Sakimo. They all talk about you a lot." Eddie said, politely.

"It's great to meet you, too, Eddie. How bout we all go inside?" Sakimo said.

Everyone walked into the house, and the first two things we saw were Brylane and Kaisigni running over. Kaisigni ran over to my dad and Brylane ran to Abby. They were both grinning happily and laughing. They loved it when my family came to town. They got spoiled two times as much with both my parents and Sakimo's parents around. They were both passed around by the family till everyone had gotten to hold both Kaisigni and Brylane.