Chapter 8

Charlotte POV

So Austin and Emma take me to some place in the middle of no where.

"Surprise" he says as he ushers me inside the gorgeous house.

"Wow, it's so big."

"Only the best for my mate!" He winks

I start to feel uncomfortable, they are vampires who live off blood and I'm warm blood walking around. What if the mate thing is a lie? What if they want me for food. I never felt this way for Emmett. Because he didn't drink blood, but I'm starting to miss him.

"What are you thinking about?" Emma asks

"Nothing." I reply quickly

We walk inside and I see my cat.

"Oh you brought my cat!" I scream hugging the cat, they both chuckle.

We decide to sit on the couch and talk.

"Um Charlotte what do you plan to do with that thing inside you?" Austin asks

"My baby!" I correct

"I plan on raising it, it's mine." I say starting to get worried.

"Charlotte, we will have our own children, so let me get rid of that thing!" He spits and lunges at me.

"No please!!! You will hurt me! Just wait till its out of me!" I say, okay now I gave myself about 5 months to escape and get back to Emmett, he would never hurt a baby! What is wrong with these vampires.

"Fine and then it's gone." He shouts and runs upstairs angry. I hear slamming doors and objects shattering before I face Emma.

"It will have to go eventually!" She says with a cold face.

"It will, when its out." I lie,

"Okay! I'll show you to your room! We thought it would be better for Austin to know you better slowly so we gave you your own room." She says all smiley...what is wrong with her! First wanting to kill my baby now this!

"Thanks so much, hey where are we!" I ask smoothly, I have to find a location.

"We are still in California, just north of where we were earlier." She says before leaving the room.

Ok think...I need to get back to Emmett. I am starting to miss him, and even though they put a spell on me I need to save the baby!

My phone! I will text him! I make sure my volume is off and go for his number, he put his number in my phone as soon as we got back. And before the wedding.

I start typing

Emmett, I am so sorry. Please I want to go back with the pack, I'm scared! They want to hurt my baby, we are on some part of Northern California, in the woods. There is nothing else in the area, just the huge house we are in.

I hit send and wait...immediately I see the typing signal and I feel relieved.

I'm coming little one, we are already following the trace to that part, stay safe.

I feel happy that he is already on the way, I deleted the entire conversation just to make sure that Austin or Emma doesn't see it, I have to act like I like them in order for me to secretly contact Emmett.

The next morning I was woken up to a beautiful smell of eggs and bacon. Yum.

I walk down the stairs leaving my phone hidden in my room.

"Good morning beautiful." Austin smiles

Ugh for some reason it feels so wrong, I think I'm falling for Emmett.

"Hi" I smile and sit down as he places a plate in front of me and I dig in.

"Wow weren't you hungry" he laughs
I suddenly got a plan

"Yup, hey can we go for a walk through those trees, I love nature." I lied

He smiles

"Yes of course go get ready and meet me down here in twenty minutes. "

"Okay" I smile and run upstairs

I text Emmett.

Hey, I convinced them to let me walk in the forest, hopefully it will help you find my scent. Don't text back, I don't want them to know.

I get ready, hide my phone and run downstairs, I made sure to wear the jacket that smelled like me.

"Let's go!" I say and he runs after me.

About five minutes later I step on my shoe lace purposely and lean against a tree to tie it. Leaving my scent for a longer time.

I also choose to climb as many trees as I see.

"You really love climbing don't you!" Austin laughs

"Yup" I lie, I hate climbing but I need to leave my scent.

I look at the sky, I notice the sun is to my left, so we are going South, perfect the direction will cross Emmett's path.

"Let's walk, is there a river or small pond around here?" I ask knowing werewolves love to rest where ponds are.

"Yeah, actually this way. " he smiles

"I love looking for frogs and fish near the pond." I lie, again. Man I'm on a role!

We get to the pond and I start looking in bushes and on rocks, making sure my jacket touches everything,

"Look I found a frog!" I fake excitement, as I hold up the sticky creature, I hate frogs, but I have to play my part.

He laughs as I run around the perimeter. Searching for "frogs" in all of the bushes.

We decide to sit on a rock and "talk"

"Emmett what happened to the other vampires, that were attacking." I ask wanting to make sure it's safe for Emmett.

"They died, their throats were ripped out." He says

"Oh, I am so sorry!"

"No it's okay, they were vampires who wanted to die, living for that long is hard." He explains.

"How old are you?" I ask

"426"

"Wow! How old is Emma."  I say a little freaked out by our age difference

"427"

"How did it happen."

"So it was a long time ago, and my entire family got influenza my parents died first, leaving me and Emma. In reality I'm actually older than her. But one day Emma got really sick, and I came across a vampire, when she almost died he saved her. And two years later he did the same for me. "

"Wow, that's crazy, you like lived through everything!" I laugh.

"Yeah it's like I have. And you will soon." He says

"What! Not soon I hope, I'm not ready!" I say starting to panic, this could be the end to my plan.

"Don't worry, I know it's scary, but let's try to do it within the next year, you don't want to be too old forever!" He laughs

I try to laugh, but my heart races in my chest.

"Let's go back?" He asks

"Yeah sounds good"