Chapter 13: A Captain's Lust

Two days had passed by since William had bid Blythe farewell, and within these seemingly eternal two days, all Blythe could discern from the neverending chit-chat was the topic of these "Ghosts" and their surprising raids that had gone undetected. Though the constant chatter was vexatious, Blythe's curiosity was raised moment by moment. She couldn't wait to shake herself free of O'Hara's sarcastic voice and Cornwallis' fury.

As she sat in the corner of the felt interiors of the study room, the only thing that preyed her very mind was William, and the exhilarating feeling he gave her after that very night. She could only pray for his safe return back to this hell of a fort. She stood from the wooden chair and excused herself from the study room, unable to bear the back and forth chatter of O'Hara and Cornwallis and made her way upstairs to Tavington's room, in time to view the crimson jade sky and the amber hues that began to tint the skies. Blythe could only sigh calmly as it all faded into a serene indigo that expanded throughout the sky. Until the door slammed open, ending the peaceful serenity. Blythe turned ecstatically, anticipating to see William. But froze in terror when she realized, it was the one Dragoon she dreaded after he shoved her into the well... Captain Bordon. Her arms folded defensively over her chest as he bit his lip lustfully, examining her physique rather libidinously.

"Why so silent my lady?" He guffawed fiendishly.

Blythe could feel a gut-wrenching knot form within the pit of her stomach as she gulped, perturbed of his next action.

"Expecting that Tavington would be here, am I right?"

She didn't answer. Blythe could feel the knot intertwining against her core, and her stomach stirred revoltingly.

He continued to chuckle as he slowly unbuttoned the jacket of that unpleasant uniform, shuffling his way towards her, viciously staring her down with his sea glass eyes of jade.

Her core trembled, and as much as she tried to scream, Blythe could only emit a whimper as he eyed her tight-fitted bodice.

"It's rather a shame how the Colonel has you locked up in his room all for himself. " He inched even closer, tugging at the string of Blythe's tied bow upon the bodice.

"Don't you dare come any closer." Blythe smacked his hand away and defensively stepped back, attempting to flee Bordon's lascivious state. His breaths grew bitter, and the odor of liquor stained the space between them. Blythe's eyes twitched as she realized he was debauched. But he only moved closer, snatching her away from the space. Instantly Blythe could feel herself prying her way out of his grip until his hand came at her with full force before he slung her over his back.

"NO!" She yelped out. "LET ME GO! " She pounded vulnerably at his back, knowing it wouldn't do any justice. Every inch of her tensed as he roughly threw her onto Tavington's bed. Though her cries rang loudly, she was powerless.

"I'm sure Colonel would not mind me spending some time with this prisoner of his." He snarled callously as he attempted to pin her down, and though she was defenseless, she could only try to prevent the horrifying outcome from happening. The pungent odor of the liquor intensified with each lust-hungry breath of his. Bordon's face hardened as he attempted to pry her legs to his libidinal satisfaction.

"You goddamn drunk!" Blythe screeched as her knees drew closer and her heels rammed into his chest, knocking him down at the base of the bed. She arose rapidly, dashing for the stairs; her mind was in boggling whirl as tears clouded her vision. Until as she was about the proceed down the stairs in her fogged state, a pair of familiar arms caught her protectively.

"Who did it?" William's voice rang out in perfect clarity.

"YOU BLOODY BITCH!" Bordon's voice brawled within his room.

"Stay here." William ordered as he stormed into the room dragging out the inebriated Captain Bordon as if he were a slave.

"Had I not ordered you never to touch her in an indecent manner!" William's voice was evidently infuriated. "Go back inside." He signaled to Blythe.

Blythe did as told, proceeding inside, and stood at the wall, unable to face William after the Captain's lust. She stood sniveling at the starless night as he infuriatingly yelled for O'Hara to carry on with Bordon from there.

Just then, William's footsteps entered, and the door closed behind. There was silence for a good moment. Blythe remained facing the walls, stupefied. Her heart pummeled wildly as his footsteps drew nearer to her.

"There is no need to fret. Bordon will never come near you again." William nimbly pushed Blythe's wavy auburn ringlets over her shoulder. His lips elegantly caressed the healing cuts upon her back, left by the intoxicated Captain that very day he left her drenched in distress. She flinched at the faint pain she now felt as he turned her to examine the pain displayed upon her face.

"My beautiful Blythe, do not weep. You needn't worry any longer." His thumb brushed away a descending tear. "Soon my dear, this war will all be over and soon enough we will leave the Carolinas." His lips glided over her cheek in lieu of his high expectations, and his gloved hands pulled her closer into an endearing embrace, until Blythe could feel the discomfort of his unmerciful uniform underneath the palms of her hands. Her heart throbbed harrowingly at the walls of her chest, and her mind swam with mixed emotions of whether this was right or not. Blythe retracted gazing deep within the calming turquoise of his eyes; not hostile or bitter, but tranquil and serene.

"What troubles you my dear?"

"Is this even right?" Blythe cried. "Face it, you're a British Colonel, and I'm just your prisoner. You clearly saw what that captain of yours attempted to do. I'm an American, your soldiers hate me just as they do every other person belonging to the American race. Is this right? That you've secretly traited your men just for me? You shouldn't do such." Her knees quivered in agitation as her heart palpitated in apprehension.

William bowed his head as he unbuttoned the savage coat setting it atop the desk closeby.

"I do not care about Bordon." He confessed with an inevitable sincerity that emerge to his eyes, and a singular teardrop fell from his eyes. "And I could care less for this war,because here I thought I only arrested just another person worthy of being imprisoned." He placed an auburn ringlet of hers behind her ear, and his hand intertwined in her silken waves. "When in turn, I found the woman who opened my eyes to see what true love really is."

Within a few steps, he sealed the space between them, locking his lips with hers fervidly. Blythe could feel every muscle in her body tense up for a good moment , until a sudden shudder loosened her body with acceptance realizing that now she just couldn't mask it anymore and she couldn't run from the fact that she had fallen in love with him.