Hurt

The memory of Yoongi pinning me down was burned into my mind. He didn't hurt me, I was surprised by that. I gave him one more chance, a biology test was coming up and he wanted a good grade. I was waiting for him in the library. I was doodling in my notebook. I heard the door open, I looked at the door. Yoongi was walking in. He had his stuff. He walked towards me with his face down. I frowned, he sat down next to me. He refused to face me.

"Yoongi" I said.

"Hm?" He didn't turn. I tapped his shoulder. He didn't turn.

"Yoongi if you don't look at me I'm leaving" I crossed my arms. He sighed. He turned to me. I covered my mouth. He had a busted lip, black eye, and a huge cut on his left cheek. He looked down.

"What the hell happened?!" I demanded.

"It's nothing. I'm fine" he said.

"You are not fine. Look at you" I stood quickly. I packed my stuff. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him with me.

"What are you doing?" He said.

"I'm gonna clean you up" I dragged him to the nurses office. Luckily she wasn't there. I sat him down in a chair, I raided the cabinets for rubbing wipes. I found one and set it aside. I pulled out an ice pack. I pressed it to his eye.

"Hold it" I said. He held onto it. I ripped open the wipe and started to clean his cut. He winced lightly. I bit my bottom lip as I cleaned his cut. Afterwards I put a band aid on it. I wet a paper towel with cold water and pressed it against his lip. I slowly swiped downwards. I stopped after his lip stopped bleeding. I saw Yoongi eyeing me. I felt my cheeks heat up. I sighed and cleaned up my mess. I gently grabbed his hand holding the ice pack and moved it aside. His eye slightly red from the cold. I let out a breath and re-placed his hand back.

"Thanks" he said.

"No problem" I said. I sat down in a chair. He watched me.

Why was my first instinct to help him? I questioned myself. He sighed and looked down.

"Do you need a ride home?" He said. I shook my head, I grabbed my bag and stood.

"It's okay. See ya tomorrow Yoongi" I gently patted his shoulder and left the office.

Who hurt him? And why? What did he do? My mind filled with questions. I kept my eyes forward as I walked home.
~~~
Yoongi didn't show for first period. After what happened yesterday I was worried. I was with Ana at lunch. I was playing with my food.

"You okay Chae?" She said. I shrugged.

"Yoongi got beat up yesterday. He didn't show for first period today" I said quietly, not looking at her.

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know he won't answer my calls or texts" my hands started shaking. I stood with my tray, I dumped it and left the cafeteria. I went behind the school. I sat down with my back against the wall. I looked at the screen of my phone.

Yoongi, the screen said. I sighed and pressed the call button. I held it to my ear and waiting. It rang a few times.

*Hey this is Yoongi, leave a message. Swag* his voice mail said. I've heard it so many times I could repeat it. A shakey sigh escaped my lips.

"Hey Yoongi, Chae, don't forget our study today. Later" I said to the voicemail. I clutched my phone in my hand.

Please let him be alive. My mind begged. The bell went off, I quietly stood and headed off to last period.