Chapter 21: Saying Goodbye

You know, it feels like everything in this world (or at least my own personal world) seems to be messed up. Everywhere I turn there's a problem, and every time I think that I might just get a simple break, it all gets out of hand. Is it just me, or is everyone else's life messed up too. I blame this mostly on me though. I'm the one that wants a bad boy  boyfriend, I'm the one that wants to have the hottest guy in school as her bae. All this started because I just couldn't stay away from Taylor. My life wasn't perfect but it was a average teenage girl life. I have friends that care for me, and family that adores me, and I was the quiet girl in school with straight A's. And then boom my life changes out of perspective.

Victoria is in labor giving birth to an early newborn baby, my favorite guy best friend is dating the girl that wants to ruin my life, and Taylor is a secret FBI agent because his brother is the head of them all. Oh and let's not forget that Victoria is probably giving birth to Taylor's child. I feel exhausted, I just want to stop fighting for something I can't have. I never made it clear to Taylor how I feel for him, but he never did either. Maybe this is how it's supposed to be. He's going to be fully occupied with the new bundle of joy and I'm probably going to be forgotten.

And that's when it all clicked. All of this might be a sign to not be with him, as much as I hate doing this it's probably the best way before I get hurt more then I already am. Taylor will always be in my heart but not the way I secretly imagined it.

I sat up straight on the bench and slowly got up. Taylor was sitting across from me with his head in his hands, not noticing anything. I slowly walked over and stood right in front of him. I took a deep breath and reached for his hand. I lowered them away from his face and he stared at me confused. He had bags under his eyes and he looked worn out. He needs someone right now and I feel terrible that I'm about to make him possibly more stressed then he already is. But there no other way.

I looked into his eyes and felt the tears in mine.
"Taylor, I don't know what this is" I gestured between me and him. "It's not a relationship, it's not a friendship, it's not...anything. I don't know what am doing or really why everything turned out the way it did, but your responsibilities now are with them." I pointed at Victoria's window.

" I can't do what ever it was that we were doing anymore. We fight and then we laugh, we hug and then we glare. And I can't handle this anymore. I'm tired Taylor, I'm exhausted from everything."

His eyes began to narrow at what I was saying and a frown began to form on his face.
"I don't know what else to tell you" I laughed nervously without humor
"But I'll tell you this, I enjoyed many parts of this, but my times up. And you will always be in my heart somewhere, but not in a specific way." A single tear fell from my eye.

He stood up and reached for my face to wipe my tear but I couldn't let him. Or else I would forget everything I just told him.

I pushed his hand away and began moving back words shaking my head side to side.

"Bye Taylor." I turned around hiding the tears that were falling freely now.

"Anna."

I didn't turn around, instead and I began to run down the hall heading to the elevator.

"Anna! Wait please!"

The elevator was just around the corner and needed go get there before he gets to me. I pushed my self harder until the turn was finally inches away. I made a sharp left and it was right In Front of me closing. No! It has to wait! 

"Excuse me, move please" I pushed everyone out of my way.

Just a little bit farther Anna, come on!