Chapter 11 - Preperations

G'day unicorns and leprechauns! What been up lately!? Sorry that I've put this book on hold, but I have been busy lately, coming to the end of the year is getting really stressful!!

Wanna know something cool guys.... Probably not but imma tell you anyways, ok here it is..... I HAD MY FIRST KISS!! Soz, you probably didn't really want to know...

Enjoy the chapter guys! I love you lots and don't forget to vote and comment!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Today is Saturday, and I don't have to work today. I didn't have any plans for today, except for going food shopping. So I decided to do some decorating.

I moved all of Azarias furniture into the middle of her bedroom, put a white sheet over it, and started painting her walls.

Before we decided on a colour, Azaria and I had had an argument in the paint shop about what colour she wanted her walls to be painted.

And let me tell you, we hardly ever get into arguments, but when we do, she gets very stubborn and cranky.

"What colour do you think I should paint your room, sweetie? I was thinking a bluey-aqua colour. What do you think honey?", I asked Azaria while pointing to the different cans full of different colours of paint.

"Nah mum. I really wanted purple", Azaria said excitedly.

"Um... Honey I don't think it will really suit it. Which sort of purple? A light lavender coloured paint might look alright", I said.

"No mummy. I want this colour purple", Azaria said while pointing to a really dark purple which closely looked a bit black.

"Honey, it will make your bedroom look dark. And when you become a big girl, you won't really like it", I explained to Azaria trying to change her mind.

Azaria frowned while crossing her arms.

"No mummy! That is not the colour I want. I want that colour!", she said angrily while pointing to the dark purple tin can.

"Honey, c'mon, when you get older you won't like it", I said.

"I don't care! You can just paint my bedroom again when I'm a bigger girl!", Azaria said while crossing her arms even harder and giving me a deadly scary stare.

"Honey, you can't really paint over a dark colour like that", I said getting frustrated.

"Why not!", she said loudly, almost a yell, this time.

"Because it just doesn't work like that", I said while trying to calm her down.

"I don't care mummy! I like that colour, and that is the colour I want my bedroom too be!", she shouted while stamping her foot on the ground.

I sighed while running my hand through my hair.

"Well is there any other colours here that you like", I said while pointing to all the cans that were lined up row by row in the shop.

Azaria let her arms go, and her face started to turn back into its normal colour instead of a fleshy pink.

"Well, I can't see them all mummy", she said.

I smiled at her, then lifted her up in my hands.

She giggled and examined each tin can and the colours on them.

After about five minutes of examining and talking about the paint. We both decided on a light orange colour which looks very beautiful, and will light up her bedroom.