Chapter 21

Claude's POV

Later that day

"Don't even look at her! You Demon! You make me sick!" Alois screamed as he was throwing one of his temper tantrums.

"Yes, your highness."

"Don't say that!" I bowed and started walking out of the room hearing him still whisper behind me. "Yes. Your highness. Yes, your highness. I change my mind. Say it. Now!"

"... Yes, your highness." He pulled me back, and then smacked my face.

"Would you do anything to obey me then! Are you a pet? My loyal dog!"

Keeping my temper in check I said, "I abide by our contract. I'll make one hell of a feast out of you. That's all."

"Then look at me like that. Not the way I would look at some villagers face! Not with a craving that old man would give me. Look the way you did that day, like I am all you care about. Please Claude."

"Hesitation into resolve, passion into composure, love into grave markets. That master is what makes a Trancy butler."

"Claude. Never leave me. Please." I then spent a half hour with Alois crying on my shoulder. "Claude?" a winey Alois asked.

"Yes?"

"Can you bring Ciel in here?"

"Yes, your highness."

I will do as he tells me... for now.

Ciel's POV

Without a doubt today has been the most boring day of my life. It was raining all day today so I couldn't go into the garden; I left all my work at my manor, and I couldn't talk to any of the servants for one Hannah seems like she is too scared and doesn't want to upset Alois and the triplets don't talk, they whisper. So when Claude came to me and said that Alois wanted to see me, I couldn't have gotten out of my room any sooner.

"Alois?" I said as I nocked on his door.

"Ciel? You won't leave me right?"

"Well I need to leave the manor eventually. I can't evade all my problems forever."

"Ciel. I love you." Those are three words I never thought that would come out of Alois's mouth.

"You what?"

"I love you Ciel and I just don't want you to leave me like every one else." He said as he clung on to me as hard as he could. I felt tears streaming down my face. I like Alois, but I can't say that I love him...

"Please... stop." I sobbed. This was too hard.

"Ciel... I love you." He started to sob as well.

"I-I can't! I cant ok!"

"I love you... please stay here with me."

"No! I can't Alois."

"I don't care what happened with you and Sebastian! He doesn't deserve you!"

"Alois..."

"Ciel..." he let go of his tight grip to look at me in the eye.

"I'm sorry, I cant. I'm leaving tomorrow." I saw his eyes fill with pain and regret. He leaned over and softly kissed my left cheek.

"At least allow me to throw you a ball in your honor of staying here. If you won't do it for your self then do it for me."

"Ok, but I hope you can ready the ball in four hours because that's basically all the time you have."