Intro.

A/N: I use some offensive language in this story but only to show how bad bullying is.

In this chapter not much happens because it just introduces the characters. Please vote or comment because I really don't know if its good so far.

I'm going on holiday to Italy for two weeks today though so the next chapter will be up in two weeks.

And I will be changing the cover soon.

Enjoy your summer and happy reading!

The brick wall was cold against my back, and I brought my knees up to my chest.

I tried to block out the sound of people around me with my music, but not even Pierce the Veil could drown out the sneers and laughter.

"Hey emo faggot, what are you listening to? Justin Bieber?" Someone shouted, only to erupt shouts of abuse from everyone else.

"What a weirdo!"

"How are the cuts?"

"Have fun dying a virgin!"

The yells got louder and I got up, snatching up my backpack. I stormed out of the school courtyard, biting my lip and trying to hold back tears.

Welcome to the life of Kai.

I am a sixteen year old emo boy with black hair and a few tattoos. I'm not exactly everyone's type. Not that anyone would date me.

Everyone in my school hates me, and they constantly bully me. No one cares about me, and I'm powerless.

I've learnt not to care, not to let it get to me. I don't really care about anything anymore.

But there is one thing I care about.

Ashley Giles. The most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

She was one of the most popular girls anyone knew and Ashley was best friends with Sierra Diamond, the most worshipped girl in the whole school.

Ashley was a tomboy, and no one messed with her. Her blonde hair fell to just below her shoulders, and she had amazing blue eyes.

Everyone thought Ashley was perfect. She was dating the biggest jock in school, Morgan. Morgan Stanford was the ringleader of all the bullies in the school. He was the toughest guy going.

Their relationship seemed amazing to everyone else, but I could see right through it.

Every so often, Ashley would come in with marks on her face. She'd shrug it off and say she just fell over or something, but all the time I knew it was Morgan that did it to her.

Morgan made me completely furious. He'd always boss Ashley around and I couldn't stand it.

I leaned back against the lockers and sighed. As much as I wanted to punch Morgan in the face for being such a douchebag, I couldn't. He'd beat the shit out of me.

Carefully, I pulled down my sleeves. Cuts and scars covered my arms. The only way I could survive the bullying was to cut myself.

I looked up and saw Ashley, standing by herself. She caught my eye and I smiled shyly. Ashley subtly grinned back, looking around to see if anyone had noticed.

She didn't want to be seen being nice to me. No one did.

Quickly, I realised I was staring and I awkwardly turned away.

I know it sounds nerdy but if I was some kind of superhero, I'd save Ashley and she could be mine.