The Runaway Royal- Chapter 8 part 1

I picked up my pace walking ahead of Tristen, my mind reeling. Why had he picked up the note when it obviously had been for me? My mind was made up. I was getting that note no matter what.

I slowed my pace down so I was walking next to Tristen again. He picked up my hand and I smiled at the flickers of energy that ran up and down my arm. I took in the view loving the way flowers in the royal gardens danced playfully in the wind, the sweet strains of coos, coming from the songbirds in the willow trees. The bushes prickly limbs, reaching out to snag our jeans as we continued on our way to the grassy center. I took a breath, savoring the smell of the wind. I heard the sounds of a frog croaking and opened my eyes surprised.

"They put in a pond." I turned to see Tristen looking at me. "See? I'll show you." He pulled lightly on my hand and we took a right turn. Weeping willows cried over clear blue water, rocks lined the edges scattered here and there, across the pond a small water fall spilled into the still water. The whole thing was beautiful yet fake.

I breathed in the misty air, trying to forget that the whole area could have fed hundreds of starving people. When I became queen, I wouldn't be spending money on frivolous stuff like this instead on the states in Tecelly.

I smiled at the thought. I was finally excepting my fate and it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I bent down to touch the glasslike water as a voice boomed throughout the surreal setting.

"DON'T TOUCH!!!" I froze, my hand millimeters away from the top and turned to look at a big burly guy descending upon us, a megaphone in one hand, a determined look on his face.

I stood up as he approached us. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?" he yelled in the megaphone. I leaned back, away from the sound being blast into my eardrums.

"I was just-" "WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY?!?" I was cut off by the rude dude as he glared at us accusingly. I stepped behind Tristen.

"It's all yours, buddy." I whispered, patting him on the back. He threw a glare over his shoulder.

"Thanks a lot." he whispered back, before turning back to address the guard guy with a look that I'm sure he thought was condescending but only looked scared.

"I'm Tristen Terabong, Prince of the Calio Islands and this is my fiancé, Charlotte Stiles, Princess and future Queen of Tecelly." I gave a small wave, a "Sup" motion with my head and a "Hey!" to the guard who was staring at us with a bewildered expression. It quickly turned into a hard one.

"You can't be the Prince and Princess. Their Highnesses are in the throne room receiving guests." My eyes widened and I stuck my hand into Tristen's pocket who was too busy being in shock to care. My hand touched paper and I pulled out the note from earlier. I uncrumpled it and read it.

"Gotcha!! :)" was all it said.

------------------------

Okay I know it's incredibly short and I am very ashamed of how short it is but this only Part 1 of Chapter 8. Part 2 will be posted asap and is being worked on at this very moment!! Please don't hate me and please vote and comment!!! You guys have no idea how much this means to me. I'm hoping to get this one on the What's Hot list or at least one of my stories though I feel that this is my best written story on Wattpad.