t w e n t y - n i n e

Isobel ;

   Vanessa and I stopped, and waited for the person to come out. A boy stepped out, and glanced at us, while a pair of car keys dangled in his hand.

   He had brown fluffy hair, and a bright smile. He wore a blue and black checkered flannel, a black shirt, and black skinny jeans. He was hot, and he was our neighbor.

(guess who? hint: muffin boy)

   "Hey, I haven't seen you around, what's your names?" He asked.

   I panicked, knowing I couldn't say my own name, because Isobel Dixon escaped a mental ward.

   "I'm Addy Greene, and this is Alana Parker," I said warmly.

   Vanessa gave me a look, that said, what's my name?

   "Nice to meet you, I'm Shawn Mendes."

   I shook the hand that didn't have the car keys, and so did Vanessa. Then we just stood there, and looked around.

   "Well, I have to get somewhere," Shawn said, "but I'll see you guys around."

   I nodded, and Shawn left down the concrete stairs. I managed to finally open our door, and we walked inside. I shut the door behind me, and Vanessa glared at me.

   "Did you want him to connect our names to our escape?" I asked sharply.

   She sighed, "the escape in California, not in Florida, but Alana Parker?"

   "It's a pretty name," I said.

   "What if there's already a Alana Parker around here?"

   "We're not stealing anyone's identity, there's probably a lot of people by that name, just go with it," I argued.

   "Fine," she said.

   I walked further into what seemed to be the living area which had a couch and an entertainment center with a medium sized Samsung TV.

   Vanessa flopped on the couch, and closed her eyes. I was feeling tired as well, so I searched for a bedroom. There was two small ones, so I picked one, and laid down. I curled up into a ball, cuddling myself, and fell asleep. I started to think it wouldn't be too bad here. I had Vanessa as a roommate once again, and that cute boy Shawn next door.

• • •

published: july 22, 2015 - 9:50pm
edited: june 14, 2017 - 8:00am

an: so I decided on the muffin boy, lmafo, I'll update soon (:

btw that's Vanessa in the beginning of the chapter, happy updating (: