f i f t e e n

Jack ;

   I woke up the next morning, and thought about Isobel. Was she ok? Did someone get in a fight with her yet?

   I went downstairs, and saw Jack on a stool at the island. He was punching furiously into his phone.

   "What are doing there, Johnson?" I asked.

   "Trying to get her out, dumbass," he said.

   "Calm down," I said.

   "No, she's in a mental hospital because of you, and you're not doing anything about it!" He yelled.

   "Maybe you need to go to a mental hospital," I commented, chuckling.

   He gave me a glare, one that said he might choke me. I think he was being paranoid. I bet she was fine. It was only two months right? What could we do to get Isobel out anyway?

   Everything's paid for, her mother is giving everyone the silent treatment, and her father is probably fucking his secretary at this time.

   I peered down at Jacks phone, and it showed the mental hospitals website. He was looking at how to get out.

   "Ah hah," he said, "check out this."

   He began reading a rule:

   If the patient is 18 or older, they have a choice to have someone on the outside come in. If that person and the hospitals doctor thinks the person is stable, and ready, they can get them out with all the required paperwork.

   I knew Isobel had already graduated, and was turning eighteen in a couple weeks.

   "This is it," cried out Jack, happily, "when's her birthday?"

   "I don't know," I lied.

   "Stop lying, Jack," Johnson urged.

   "I can't tell you," I said, "maybe it's better for her."

   "Wait, what?!" Exclaimed Jack.

   I know that's probably mean, but she needs it. It's a calming place where she can meet friends, and take yoga or something. Yes, that sounds jerkish, but it's for the best. Especially after she started the fight with Madison

   "Maybe it's good for her."

   "I'll ask her friends on Twitter then," he huffs, walking away.

   I wasn't going to help get Isobel out, because two months isn't that long. What if it does help her become a better person, a calmer one? She wasn't psychotic, but she could learns a few things there.

   I walk outside, and check our mail. There's bills for ten apartment, fan mail that I don't even know how it got there, cuz no one knows where we live, and then there was a letter from the mental hospital from Isobel.

   In the middle, Jack Johnson was written in cursive. I ripped open the letter, even though it wasn't mine.

   Dear Jack,
   I don't feel safe here, sure, the security cameras add flare, but I feel like an outsider. I met my roommate, and she's nice, kind of. She's a little crazy, but not crazy enough to kill me in my sleep.
I hope you're doing well, and coming to visit me soon. I need to see someone I trust, or just someone to keep me sane. Is Jack still being an ass? I hope not, and I hope you get this, and write back, or better yet, come in person. I miss you, Jack.
With Love, Isobel

   I closed my eyes, and was suddenly furious at Jack, she said she missed him. This was like some love letter she wrote. Did she miss him as a best friend, or boyfriend? Either way, I was upset, but I wasn't going to give this to Jack. I was going to hide it, let Isobel get her hopes down, and she'll realize she should've loved me more.

••••••••••

published: july 5, 2015 - 10:44pm
edited: june 13, 2017 - 10:35pm

How selfish, Jack....

You guys asked for a double updateee, so here is one !!! Maybe I'll do one in the morning :)