f o u r t e e n

Isobel ;

   I could feel myself breaking on the inside, now that I've already broke on the outside. I wondered who was behind this, because I know Jack wouldn't. Then again I didn't know Jack as well as I thought I did.

   Maybe it was Madison, but how could she go so low? This was too far, and now I was heading to Steeple Mental Hospital. I was waiting for my hospital supervisor, and his cab.

   The doorbell rang, and I brought my small suitcase, that included bathroom essentials, pairs of sweatpants, and tons of solid shirts, including white, black, grey, and navy.

   My mother came from the kitchen, and she couldn't even look at me. My dad was at work, but even if he wasn't, he wouldn't be here.

   She straightened her hair, and wiped off imaginary dirt/dust from her shirt, and then opened the door. My supervisor looked around my age with blonde hair, and brown eyes.

   "Hello ma'am," he said, shaking her hand, "my name is Samuel Wilkinson, and I'll be Isobel's supervisor."

   My mom smiled warmly, and took a deep breath. Without looking at me, she spoke.

   "Well, hun, time to go," she said.

   "Uh-huh."

   "Be on your best behavior," she demanded.

   I nodded, "okay."

   She acted as if I was on my way to a sleepover and I would be back the next day. It was the opposite though, and I was miserable.

   Sam took my suitcase, and began taking it to the trunk of the cab. I couldn't help but stare at him, but reminded myself of why he was here.

   I took a step over our doorway, and stopped in front of it. I felt frozen, and helpless. I turned, and looked at my mom, who only looked down.

   "Mom, please look at me."

   "It's time to go, Isobel," she said.

   "I know, but can you at least-"

   "Just get in the cab, Isobel!" She said, loudly.

   I sighed, and gave up. I walked down our sidewalk, and to the cab. Sam opened the door for me, and I thanked him, while getting in. He got in the other side, and Sam gave the driver directions.

   I stared out the window the whole time, watching the trees, and land, and town life pass by. The hospital was in the city, so it took a little longer.

   Sam tried talking to me, but I wouldn't talk. I just simply sat there with my hands in my lap. I was going to a mental hospital for no reason, I wasn't even crazy, so he shouldn't be surprised if I'm too quiet.

   "It might help if you talk," said Sam.

   "No thanks," I finally said.

   "So you do talk?" He chuckled, making a joke.

   I didn't laugh, and his chuckle faded quickly. We arrived, and I opened my own door. I got out, and observed my surroundings. A huge wide white building. Gray metal doors were at the entrance, and I wondered how crazy the people were here.

   I shut the door, and Sam brought my suitcase around. The cab drove away after Sam paid, and I took the handle of my suitcase.

   "On a scale of one to ten, how crazy are the people?" I asked.

   He gave me a black stare, "eleven."

   My face paled, and he took me to the metal doors, he took his ID card around his neck to a detector on the wall, and it blinked green. The door made a sound, and Sam opened it.

   We walked in, and people, mostly likely staff greeted Sam. A blonde at the front desk winked at him, and he waved. I frowned, and he led me to a room.

   "I already filled out your papers, so you're checked in," he informed me.

   "Awesome."

   He opened the door with his ID card, and I rolled my suitcase in. The room had gray walls, with two beds, two nightstands, and a bathroom.

   My roommate wasn't in the room at the time, and I was fine with that. I needed time alone, so I could get used to this. Sam closed the door, leaving me by myself. I sat down on my bed, the one without ten books on it, and signed.

   So this was my new life for the next two months, thats great. I wonder what Jack was doing, or Madison. Even Johnson, I wonder if he even knew, and if he did, would he visit me?

   I wasn't sure, but I just wanted to crawl into a hole, and cry. I was trying not to cry, because that would mean I'm weak. That would mean I can't keep it together in here, especially since I wasn't crazy.

   The door made a noise, and I bet that was my roommate. I prepared myself for whatever insanity she or he had, and waited.

••••••••••

published: july 5, 2015 - 7:51pm
edited: june 13, 2017 - 10:32pm

she's getting ready for the hospital, and bam Samuel shows up as her supervisor, didn't expect for him to come in this fanfic? 😏
-
I'll double update if I get enough comments telling me to :)