t w e n t y

you guys wanted an update so here you go! sorry if it's sh*tty but it's 12:00 am almost, literally so sorry (:
-
Isobel ;

   When you live in a mental hospital for two weeks you become depressed without the life outside the metal doors and caved in walls.

   It didn't help I'd have to spend my birthday (which is in a day) in a mental hospital with mental patients. No offense to Vanessa and Nate which I've grown quite fond of as my only friends. They're the only ones that didn't seem like they belonged here anymore.

   I bet Jack didn't even care about me, since he hadn't written back or visited since the letter that Sam sent a week ago. Maybe Gilinsky brainwashed him into thinking I am crazy, it wouldn't surprise me.

   It was Monday, I think, and I had borrowed a book of Vanessa's. It was called Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire. I wasn't very interested, because it had tons of words and pages and details I didn't care about.

[AN: don't get mad I love Harry Potter, just a
character reference lol]

   "Do you like the book?" Piped up Vanessa.

   "Yeah, it's alright."

   I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

   "You don't like it..." She trailed off.

   "I don't," I told her, "I don't really like books, sorry."

   I got out of my plain old bed, and walked to where her pile of books on her nightstand was. I set it down with the rest, and sat next to her.

   "When do you think we'll get out of here?" Asked Vanessa.

   "I know I will in a little over a month," I said, "but when I get out, I want you to get out as well, otherwise I'm not going anywhere."

   She gave me a weak smile in return, and I sighed. If she's been her for two years, and she seems fine, why hasn't she got out yet? Does someone outside not want her, or is there just no one left for her?

   "I hope so."

   Questions popped in my head about Vanessa, and her life outside the hospital. How troubled was her life? As more thoughts appeared in my mind, I heard the clicking of the door sensor unlock. Sam popped his head in, and smiled.

   "You have a visitor, Isobel," he said.

   I raised my eyebrows thinking who could be visiting me that doesn't hate me. The door opened wider revealing somebody that brought back memories.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

edited: april 9, 2017 - 4:36pm
edited again: june 13, 2017 - 11:02pm

Major surprise in the next chapter, sorry I didn't double update last night I was halfway through it and then I did some other stuff and got off track, long story short, I'll triple update, so two more today ;)

Also when I wrote that note at the beginning of the chapter it was last night haha (: