t w e n t y - e i g h t

Isobel ;

We boarded our plane not too long ago, and we successfully got through security thankfully.

Vanessa and I were in first class, and we were living the life. It was so much better than the hospital, or my own house. I bet my mother was in hysterics on my disappearance.

The flight took three hours from San Diego, California to Miami, Florida. I didn't know until I saw the plane ticket, and I was surprised Sam picked Florida.

When we landed we took our carry on bag with all the supplies, and we bought a rental car. We used the car to go to a place downtown called "Great Clips."

I pushed open the door, and we walked in. I made an appointment for any next available hair stylist, and so did Vanessa, then we waited.

When it was my turn, I asked the girl to dye my hair black, and cut it short, a little under my shoulders. Through the years I've grown my blonde hair to my waist, now was a perfect time to chop it all off.

When the girl was finished, I thanked her for my new appearance, and I was loving it. I don't think anyone would recognize me now.

I read a seventeen magazine while Vanessa got extensions, and dyed her hair an auburn color. She looked completely different aside from her facial features, but what people in the public would keep up with people in mental hospitals, nevertheless look for them?

Once I paid for us, we left. I drove over to our apartment, looking at a piece of paper with Sam's scrawny handwriting.

I parked in front of a medium sized apartment complex, with big plants in front of it. We got out, and checked our apartment key. We were staying in apartment 2B. It was the second floor, second door.

We walked up the concrete stairs, and walked past 2A, and in front of 2B, our door. I fumbled with the keys, trying to open the door. Then 2A door opened, and my mouth dropped.

• • •

published: july 22, 2015 - 5:57pm
edited: june 14, 2017 - 7:57am

an: cliffhanger, please please please answer these questions, these help with the story line if you want me to update (:

1. Who should live next door {any suggestions}?
2. If Isobel and Vanessa changed their names, what would you want them to be?

Comment and I'll update as soon as possible, thanks 😊