Tres.

A month into school
_______________________________________________

"Your sleeping over at my house tonight right?" I hear UU ask me

I think back to the over night bag that's in my car and the conversation I had with my parents this morning

"Yeah I am" I say looking at her
"Yay" she smiles, as we walk to our last period of the day. Writing class has been kicking my butt and I'm not talking about the subject either.

Micheal has been talking to me, he even gave me his number. I took a while for me to cave in tho.. I didn't want to move to fast but I still doubt he likes me.

Kaylin is FOREVER flirting with him and I don't think she likes me much, but do I care? Not really, you're always gonna have people who don't like you.

"Byeeee" I say as I stretch my arm out to Uellie

"Bye, have fun and try not to pass out" she laughs as she walks away.

I take a deep breath and walk into the classroom. My nervousness around him has been decreasing but it's still there.

I sit down in my usual seat and get out my notebook and a pencil. Right now we have a free write project and I've been having extreme writers block.

Micheal walks in with Chris
"Hey faith" I hear Chris say as he passes me on his way to his seat

"Hey Chris" I reply sitting my head hand.
I see Micheal appear in front of my desk and my eyes get wide, I'm face to face with his package. I see a light tent in them.

I raise up off of the desk and look at him
"I don't get a Hey?" He asks looking into my eyes. Their dark brown nothing extremely special.

I smile at his comment "hi Micheal" I comment waving.

He sits down and turns the chair so he's looking at me. Mr.Green already gave us instructions on what to do.

"I have a proposition" he states looking at me.

I smile "And what's that?" My stomach lightens, indicating my liking for him is indeed still there.

He slightly bites his lip looking at me "I see you've been struggling with your paper, I help you finish it and you go on a double date with me and Jordan tonight he does that sound?" He asks

It sounds great! But I can't say that. I couldn't believe he actually thought about me or that he even wanted to help me. I didn't think I was his type at all and my papers all about it. He can't read it. My heartbeat picks up as I look at the clock 2:20, 10 minutes till school is over.

"Tik Tok" he jumps in captivating my gaze

"I can't" I stutter as I place my hand on my paper.

"You can" he smiles, placing his hand on top of mine "stop being nervous"

He grabs my paper from under my hand sliding it off the table and into his hands.

Creep. I don't want him to read it. I try to take the paper back but he looks up at me with curious eyes

"Nope" he smirks

He continues to read it with care as he gets to the very last word of the poem.

"Brownskin" he whispers, letting the word linger off his lip. I can't help but stare at them, the pink plump lips that I wish were on mine.

"Is this about you?" He asks, looking directly at me. I couldn't escape him there was no need to.

"No" I shot back defensively

"Give me your pencil" His eyes filled with sympathy and determination.

I give him my number two pencil.

"What are you gonna do?" I question

"I'm gonna finish it" he replies.

I watch him write down on the neat piece of paper. His handwriting is gorgeous, just like him.

I clasp my thighs together and look at him through my eyelashes. Trailing my eyes up his arm I see he has scars and scratches, I wonder where they came from. My curiosity takes over but I won't dare ask him about it.

"Done" he says scribbling some more on my paper and handing it back to him.

I look down at the paper and read
"Her skins as soft as a baby's bottom, as brown as Hershey's kiss.

She's beautiful, every aspect of her from her wide nose to her plump lips.

She's brown skin.

She's determined, she's sexy without trying to be.

She's everything you could ever ask for. Her body's like a work of art, she's curvy.

She's truly a blessing to this earth. She may not know it but every guy wants her.

She's as smart as Einstein with the face of a queen,

she's my sexy delicate, sweet tasting, brown skin."

I feel butterflies in my stomach. Who did he write this about? It can't be me.

I look up at him with my mouth open wide.

"So what do you say, double date?" He asks

"I have a boyfriend " I say above a whisper "thanks for my paper" I smile.

He frowns at my comment "no you don't I already checked, do you not like me or something?" He asks

If only he knew

"No I do" I stutter " I just.. Fine I'll go, I'm sorry I lied to you I'm just nervous" I stated

Getting up out my seat I turn it in to Mr.Green. He smiles and tells me he's excited to read it.

I walk back to my seat and grab my things, the bell will be ringing in 2 minutes. I try my best not to look at Micheal but he's stuck in my head

I still can't believe he asked me out, maybe he feels bad for me. What if this is a bet? All other possibilities run through my mind

I feel a body come up behind me as the bell rings. "Can't wait for tonight" I hear Micheals voice whisper in my ear as he kisses it. "Bye brownskin"