Chapter 1 - Moving

{Joe's pov}

I shut the final box and pushed it into the taxi and walked back inside, running my hand through my hair.

"Caspar?" I shout down the stairs.
"Yeah?" He bellows back.
"I'm ready to go mate." I reply.

After my views started going down on YouTube I knew it was going to go bad from there. I was right. After 2 months I wasn't earning a lot and then they never published my book. I was devastated and Caspar was still doing fine. We had talked about it and decided Marcus could move in as Niomi has moved back in with her friends after a messy break up.

"One Minuet." He shouts back to me. His voice is echoy and empty. I walk over to the kitchen and run my hands along the counter. I'm gonna miss this place. I shuffle towards the TV but turn away. Everything reminds me of our prank war.

Caspar turns up at the top of the stairs and waddles towards me nervously. I run to him and hug him. "Caspar, thank you for being such a great friend and always being there and I'll never forget you." I blub into his shoulder "I wish I could stay but even if your career fails I'll be here till the end. I gonna miss you so much buddy!"
Caspar backs away and holds me at the shoulders. I feel like I have betrayed him and avoid his eyes.
"Joe!" He whispers, " I'll gonna miss you too." A tear falls to the floor and I wipe my face.
"Stay happy Casp, don't ever change."
"You too Joe. You too"
We hug again and I back away this time.
"I have to go Caspar. I'll speak to you over face time." I rush my words and grab my bag from the sofa.

I mentally am crying and it feels like my heart is being ripped out moving from this place. I open the heavy door and walk out onto the uneven London streets. I close is softly behind me and walk towards the car. I throw my self into the back seats and slam the door behind me.

"Hey! Watch Your Self Man!" The taxi driver yells. I grunt.

I just zone out and replay all the time with Caspar. It's killing me. I open my bag and pull out my headphones and plug them into my phone and drown out the world with music. I let the tears run down my face and let myself cry. No one here will judge me.

The drive takes about 45 minutes and I finally arrive. The building is a simple 2 story house with 3 bedrooms. The attic room is the smallest. I pay the driver and swing the car door open. I pick up my bag and shuffle to the boot. I slide my hand under the handle and lift the boot open. I lift out box after box until all of my stuff is on the pavement. I throw my bag onto a box and regret it as it misses and lands heavily on the floor. The taxi speeds away and leaves me on the street. My phone rings from somewhere in my bag and I sigh. I let it ring as I lift my stuff into the front garden. I move three boxes before ringing the door bell. I hear screaming from the other side of the door and a crash. A few minuets later Darcy turned up at the door quickly followed by Louise.

"Joe?" Louise was clearly shocked. The others didn't tell her then. A shatter comes from the kitchen. Jim shouts and Niomi walks from behind Louise.

"WHO THE HELL LEFT A CUP ON THE EDGE CAUSE IT'S BROKEN NOW!" Jim screams into the hallway. I smirk as Niomi smiles at me. Darcy backs behind Louise closer to me.

"That would be Darcy Jim! Calm down and come here!" Louise says. A cry comes from somewhere upstairs and Niomi disappears back into the house. Jim walks in just in a dressing gown. Darcy gallops off after Niomi.

"Joe? Why are you here its only what? 9? Come here mate!" Jim pulls me in through Louise.

"Jim I can't all my stuff is out side. Niomi said that I was good to stay here so long as I paid. Did she not tell you guys?" I think back to when I was talking to her. I had been on her side when Marcus and her broke up. We had gotten closer after they broke up and went out into town quite a lot. I also stayed at hers a lot during their arguments to help them both. I did get drunk one night but that's something else.