6: Trouble in the Wild

As Rose walked out of her little town of Vanville, everything looked different. The colors seemed so much more vibrant. The tiny route one seemed so much more exciting. The town of Aquacorde looked so much larger and- Route two was standing right in front of her. Santalune Forest could be seen just behind it. This was all so exciting!
Rose tensed for a second then started sprinting through the tall grass. This felt great! The grass didn't itch like she thought it would. Instead it felt cool and smooth against her legs. Rose listened to the sounds of pokemon all around her. She could even catch glimpses of them running in the the grass like her.
The forest soon grew closer and closer as Rose charged through the land. Eventually the forest came up right in front of her. It looked really big up so close. Shadows hung at the entrance. It was mysterious more than scary really.
"Um... Miss?" Rose jumped up and looked around. Where did that voice come from? She looked down. A little boy was looking expectantly at her. Rose kept staring at him to say something until she realized he was waiting for her.
"...Yes...uhh...boy?" He smiled when she answered.
"Are ya gonna go in Miss? Ya seemed a bit distracted," he asked. Rose felt her face burn.
"Yea I'm going to go in um...-"
"Charlie?" He offered. Rose nodded a little embarrassed.
"Yes, Charlie. This is just the first time I'm doing something like this.
I want to... Enjoy the moment I guess." Charlie nodded knowingly even though he had to be at least five years younger than Rose.
"Well then you have a pokemon right?" He asked. Oh shoot... Rose hung her head low.
"I'm gonna take that as a no," Charlie said. She nodded,"I guess it'll be fine if ya stay out of the grass as much as ya can though." Rose nodded quickly. It would be horrible if this had to be over before it was even a full day!
"Thank you Charlie!" She thanked as she ran into the woods.
"Ya welcome Miss!" Rose burst into the shadows of Santalune Forest. She stopped and looked around. It was beautiful. Sunlight filtered through little holes in the canopy of leaves. Grass was all around the rougher areas of the forest. There were a couple people doing normal trainer stuff like battling and capturing pokemon, but it was mostly quiet.
Rose stared at the scene a little longer than began to walk through the woods. A few trainers tried to battle her, but she couldn't anyway. How was she going to get a pokemon though? Dad did give out starter pokemon for new trainers, but that wasn't really an option. Maybe one of the daycare people could let her have an egg. It would take so long to hatch though. She did hear that pokemon that were abandoned by trainers lived at the pokemon center sometimes. That seemed like the best option.
Rose wasn't paying attention as she tripped over a rock. Into a bush. Full of wild pokemon. They stared at each other for what seemed like an hour until Rose screamed. She pushed herself out of the bush and began to run away. The sound of pokemon could be heard from behind her, and they did not sound happy.
Rose ended up running through some of the tall grass and attracting more pokemon to chase her. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest. What would these animals do to her when they caught up to her? She tried to distract them, but nothing would get them off Rose's trail. Her lungs began to burn and her legs began to feel like rubber. She began to trip over her feet and fell, hitting her head on a mound of dirt.
Rose began to feel dizzy. The imminent danger of the pokemon didn't seem so worrying anymore. She curled up into a ball. The ground wasn't really that uncomfortable actually. Rose was really tired too. The last thing she thought was how the noise had stopped for some reason before she blacked out.