Unmasked

Hi guys, what's up? I hope you didn't mind the wait and I hope you like it.

Enjoy:

Alicia POV

Over an hour had passed before I ran out of tears to cry but eventually they did dry out. Slowly I let go of Kage's shirt ashamed that I had ruined it but also comfortable in his arms. All my life I was taught to be strong, to be brave, to hold my own against whatever came my way and I did. I stayed strong despite being rejected by both my extended family and normal society because I knew that otherwise my heart would not be able to survive.

My tears never fell unless I was alone, I never showed fear, and I never needed to be rescued. I had my spoon and that's all I needed. So why now? Why him? Kage saved me over and over again. He got rid of Spencer even though I was fully ready to accept my fate and call the police, Kage saved me when I fell, and even when he's defenseless I feel safe enough to cry next to him. Yet he almost died because of me.

I heard a knocking at the door and used it as an excuse to rip myself away. On the other side of the door was Ben.

"Hey Alicia, you seemed free and Chuckles, Jeff and I needed a fourth player." He blurted out

"Who's Chuckles?"

"It's what we call laughing Jack when we want to piss him off. So are you playing or not?"

"I'll play." I smiled as he led me to his room. Inside the dark red room was a huge flat screen TV with several gaming systems and a bookcase filled with games.

"Looky here!" Laughing Jack smiled "It seems the elf was successful." He laughed

"So what are you guys playing?"

"Halo 4," Jeff said through a mouth full of Cheetos.

"Nice," I grabbed a controller and plopped down on the beanbag closest to Ben. Soon the game began and I found myself unable to make a ingle kill.

"Damn, you suck." Ben laughed

"Should I have mentioned that sooner?"

"Don't worry too much about it, I sucked too when I first started playing." Jeff said trying not to laugh

"Alright." I nodded before continuing, "I have to ask, if Laughing Jack is Chuckles and Ben is Elf, what's Jeff?" Laughing Jack burst out laughing until he fell to the floor.

"Just call him Jeffery when he gets annoying." Jack finally wheezed

"Alright, shut up, the next round's starting." Ben shouted over us as the timer counted down to one.

"So, explain to me why you're so bad at this." Jack chuckled as he killed me for the tenth time.

"Well, killing's not nice..." I said in a sarcastic voice as Jeff's avatar ran past without noticing me. "...and..." I ran up behind him "REVENGE IS MINE!" I yelled as I assassinated him from the back.

"So much for Kage's sweet and innocent little girlfriend." Jeff laughed

"Have you seen her with that spoon? That thing is a weapon of mass destruction." Ben replied

"Shut up Jeff, I'm not his girlfriend. Ben pass the Cheetos!" I yelled out.

"Here ya' go" Ben said throwing individual Cheetos at my head.

"Watch it Elfy," I warned at I caught one in my mouth

"Or what princess? There's not much you can do to a boy who's already dead." He taunted back

"Oh Elf boy, there are fates much worse than death." I grinned before poking him between the ribs and when Ben squawked, I knew I had hit the right place. My well-aimed pokes grew more frequent before turning into a full-blown tickle attack.

"Demon!" Ben cried through his laughter. I continued mercilessly for a minute when I felt long fingers grab my waist and begin an attack on their own.

I couldn't contain my own laughter as Jack began his onslaught and Jeff held my hands.

"Stop!" I laughed "I'm gonna pee!"

"What's going on in here?" All four of us turned our heads to the now open door where Slenderman stood.

"Nothing!" I said slipping out from Laughing Jack's grip

"Well, anyways, I thought you children might want to know that lunch is ready." Together we scrambled out the door and down the hall to where food awaited.

Later

I opened the door into Kagekao's room to see him still out cold though the IV was out. Laying Down next to him, I felt his body turn to hold me close. Looking up at his sleeping face, I saw his mask partially crooked. The mask, which usually held some sort of expression, was blank with only a black and white side and eyeholes.

Curiosity took hold and reaching up, I began to gently remove the mask. As I did, I saw two triangle shaped things spring up. 'Ears?' I wondered. When it had been fully removed I took in every inch of his porcelain face. Kage's smile looked like what you would find on a stuffed animal, the only exception being the single fang that poked out, making the smile itself that much more adorable. As my gazed wandered upward I saw that his green eyes were slanted and almost catlike in shape. The two figures that had sprung up atop Kagekao's head did in fact look like ears. My hands were reaching for the two black ears when I felt something hold them still.

"I wouldn't, ears... very sensitive things." Kage hummed

"You're awake? When?" I asked

"When I felt my ears spring up." He yawned and releasing my hands he stretched outward before bending one under his head and draping the other around my waist

"So the whole time then?"

"Yeah. I kind of wanted to see how far you would go. Also I'm surprised that you didn't notice my eyes were open." He chuckled. "So, what do you think?"

"About what?"

"The fact that I look like a cat." His eyes became serious as he waited for my answer. 'You're adorable!' I thought but remained composed

"Not bad Kage."

"So, would you mind explaining why I feel like crap?"

"Sadie put cyanide in the rice pudding. She didn't expect me to share it with you."

"Where is she now?" he growled

"Slenderman kicked her out."

"Oh. What time is it?"

"It's late."

"Good, I'm still tired." he said hugging me close

"Me too."

"What did you do today?"

"Videogames and wrestling." I smiled

"I assume with the three goofballs."

"It's four now, you can join us if you ever want to make it five."

"Imight just take you up on that offer." He yawned before closing his eyes. I soon followed suit and drifted off to sleep

Alright, good? bad? not sure what's  going on? I promise the action is only a few chapters away, I just wanted to get her more involved with the other creepy pastas before throwing her amidst chaos. The picture is what I am basing Kagekao's features off of. The picture itself is from the anime: Nura– Rise of the Yokai Clan.