An Odd Intruder

'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!'

I awoke to the sound of my (rather annoying) alarm clock. Rolling out of bed, I hit the off button and started getting dressed.

'Today is cleaning day!' I thought to myself in a sarcastically cheerful voice. Looking in the mirror, I pulled back my dark brown hair into a bun and gave myself a brown-eyed wink.

'Okay, let's start with the kitchen,' I thought as I left the comfort of my room and entered the kitchen. After scarfing down a protein bar, I got to work. Slowly but surely, I cleaned the interior of my small one-bedroom cabin, not stopping for anything until that evening, when the meds began to wear off.

'Shut up stomach, this is the last room!' I yelled inwardly. It was already seven o'clock in the evening and I was not going to just pack up and leave this last room unfinished. Finally, as I finished, I paused to take in the now spotless apartment.

In my kitchen, I grabbed the zip lock bag of frozen rice and beans for dinner. Then after picking out my wooden cooking spoon, I warmed the frozen meal in a pot.

"Alicia, mihijita, keep this with you always. Let it protect you and serve you until the day you no longer need it."

Those were the last words my mother said to me before I left Miami and moved to Gruselwald, Michigan. The spoon was beautifully crafted from the wood of the Yopo tree and I had kept it with me ever since.

When my meager meal was finally ready, I went to put away the mop and broom. The silence of my empty house was shattered when something crashed through my window.

"Oh, hell no!" I yelled at the guy who had just broken through my window, and scattered glass onto the hardwood floor. The idiot had on a black hoodie and a black and white striped scarf and on his face he wore a half black, half white mask. On the white half of his face, was a maniac smile. In his hand was a bottle of wine and a wine glass.

"こんにちは." it said. The thing crouched in preparation to attack and only then did I notice his claw like fingertips. I, however, was unfazed; taking a step towards him, I glared daggers at the man and snatched the wine bottle from him.

"Listen up, moron! I neither know nor care why you are in my house! What I do know is that I spent all day cleaning and you just made a mess!" I said angrily. I thrust out the broom to him.

"どのようなあなたは私がそれとやってみたいのですか?" he asked. The man's voice was smooth and deep, like melted chocolate.

"Well? Clean it up." I commanded. The man coiled even further in preparation for attack.

"Screw you," I said, rolling my eyes before pulling the wooden spoon from my back pocket and hitting him on the head with it. The strange man fell over clutching the top of his head.

"何それはのためだった?" he groaned. I just held the broom out to him once more.

"Clean. Now," I growled cautiously, and it took the broom and began to sweep up the shards of glass. Turning around, I went back into the kitchen where my food had finished cooking. The bottle of wine was put atop my refrigerator and I placed half of my portion of rice and beans into a new bowl. Then I grabbed two eating spoons and went back out to make sure he was still cleaning. Sure enough, as I sat at the table, he was still in the living room, sweeping the glass into a pile.

"So Mr. Window-Smasher, what should I call you?" I asked.

"Kagekao," he replied.

"Okay, Kagekao, when you're finished with that, you can come sit down," I told him.

"はい" he said.

"Okay, dude, I don't speak Japanese and you obviously understand English, so if you would please speak it, I would be very happy," I said, watching as he finished making the pile. The man didn't flinch, he simply scooped up the pile into the dustpan and put it into the trash, and then he turned to me.

"Why should I want to make you happy, small one?" he asked at last, the man's accent was thick and his black eyes were boring into mine.

"Ah, so you do speak English!" I smiled as he sat in the chair next to mine where I had laid out the second bowl.

"You didn't answer my question." He said, his voice now lower.

"Because if you get me mad, I will make sure your life is a living hell. Now eat up." I smiled innocently.

"I just broke through your window. How are you not afraid of me?" Kagekao asked.

"You aren't scary." I murmured to myself. Kagekao didn't listen slowly but surely, he lifted his mask to reveal his mouth full of serrated teeth, and then lifting the bowl to his mouth, started eating straight from there. As Kagekao pigged out on his meal, I silently made my way into the kitchen, grabbed my biggest wooden spoon, and returned to the table with it. Lifting it into the air, I brought it down onto his head with a satisfying crack.

"Hey! What was that for?" Kagekao groaned, clutching his injured head once more.

"There is a spoon next to you. Use it," I said flatly.

"Who are you, my mother?" he grumbled before grabbing the spoon and continuing to eat.

"You had better hope not," I said with a smirk. Then, going over to the couch, I began rearranging the pillows.

"What are you doing, small one?" Kagekao asked.

"You don't seem like the kind of person who has a warm bed to sleep in at night."

"Yeah? So what?"

"So, when you're done, put your bowl in the sink and then you can lay down here. Goodnight Kagekao." I said before entering into my own room for the night. Inside, I placed the wooden spoon under my pillow. Just in case.

Kagekao POV

'What the hell was that?' I wondered. The twenty-ish year old girl was like a whirlwind; a crazy, violent, and strange whirlwind. She wasn't even scared when I broke in! The small one even made me clean the mess I made. This girl was supposed to be a quick kill; I didn't even plan on toying with her! Somehow though, she managed to get the best of me.

'No more!' I thought to myself. 'You are Kagekao, among the best killers to walk the earth. Tomorrow, this girl will suffer as all my victims have!' I thought as I placed my bowl and spoon into the sink and laid down on the makeshift bed that she had made me.

So, to any of you who have made it this far... I hope you liked it! Please tell me what you think in the comments below and give my story a vote I guess.

Cheers! :)