Healing What Was Lost

Key's POV

Rachel and I came up with an idea to make it seem as if I never woke up since Rachel was the only one who knows I woke up.

I ended up taking a nap and waking up to the delicious smell of food.

I give the hand in mine a slight squeeze then stop.

"C'mon Key, fight through this," Jonghyun mumbles and I squeeze his hand again a little tighter.

It went like that; I'd squeeze his hand, he'd coo to me, I'd squeeze a little tighter, and it'd repeat; till I squeezed Jonghyun's with all the strength I could come up with. I flutter my eyes open and look around.

"Oh thank god!" Jonghyun sighs.

I look at the bed next to me where Lindsey's supposed to be to find her not there.

"I'm just saying, you hit me, not Key ya know," Lindsey says walking into the room with Rachel next to her.

"Yes. But you could've killed yourself," Rachel counters calmly.

"I've about killed myself saving both your butts," Lindsey says. "My body's used to it by now."

Rachel hugs Lindsey and looks at me. The sparkle that was in her eyes from when we were younger was back.

"Hey you two are getting along again finally," I say.

"Mornin Key," Lindsey says.

Lindsey and Rachel walk over to me and snuggle into me like they did when we were younger.

"I know you were up already," Lindsey whispers with a smile on her face and she and Rachel start to fall asleep.

"Not fair!" Jonghyun whines.

"You have him all the time!" the girls protest half asleep.

"Come here Jjong," I say.

He does as told and I grasp the collar of his shirt and pull him closer so the our lips conect and wrap my badly bruised arms around his neck.

Someone clears their throat and Jonghyun and I part and turn our head in that dirrection to see my mom, his mom, Onew, and his parents standing in near the door.

"Shouldn't you be resting, Kim Kibum?" Onew ask crossing his arms.

I laugh nervously then Jonghyun puts a finger to his lips and points to the girls.

"Is that Rachel curled up there?" umma asks.

I nod and twirl a lock of her red hair between my fingers.

"C'mon Jonghyun, let's let those three repair what was broken long ago," umma says.

Jonghyun nods and gives me one last kiss on the lips before leaving.

I look at the girls and smile.

We are once again together. Maybe now the darkness inside Lindsey will finally go away. Because by what Jjong says, it's getting worse. But I'm glad Lindsey has it instead of Rachel. Rachel would never be able to handle it. It'd consume her and break her. She'd go crazy.