These Are My Confessions (1):

"Ms. Jackson your three o'clock is here to see you." I nodded my head signaling to bring my next client in for the day. I put my paper work aside and grabbed the paper work I would be needing.

"Step right in Mrs. Tiffany." I got up from behind my desk and greeted her. She was a medium height woman with dark chocolate skin. She looked like a child. Her presence gave one of weakness.

"Hi, I'm Robyn."

"Malaysia." I gestured for her to take a seat in front of my desk. I scanned over her files briefly before turning my attention.

"According to my files it tells me you are being charged with first degree murder."

"Yes ma'am but, it was out of self-defense. I didn't mean to kill him." Tears started to stream down her face. "You have to believe me."

"I do but, it's not me you have to convince it's them."

"I just want my life back."

"Now, I can't guarantee that you will get off easy. You may have to face jail time due to the degree of this crime but, I do promise to get you a minimal sentence."

"Thank you." She got up from her chair and hugged me. I patted her back.

"I'll see you next week." She walked out of my office. I grabbed the rest of my belongings since I had a case in the morning. I walked into the lobby to my assistant Monica.

"Moni let everyone know that I took an early leave and get some information on Mr. Kingston."

"Yes ma'am I will, see you tomorrow."

"Alright I'll see you." I grabbed my car keys from out of my purse and headed to my car. I opened the door and hopped inside. As soon I started my car my phone went off. I pressed answer on the radio.

"Hello."

"Hey girl, me and the crew are going out tonight you. You coming through?" My sister Mariah asked.

"Sure but, I can't stay long."

"We are going to meet up at the spot."

"I will see you at eight love."

"Bye hun." I ended the call going into my house. It wasn't anything fancy but, it was perfect for me. It was a nice one story with an amazing view of the beach. I unlocked the door and immediately started to strip out of my clothes. I hopped in the shower cleansing my body from today's stress.

Being a lawyer isn't easy. You can never discuss your cases with anybody and the number one rule is to never get your feelings involved. You should hear some of the cases I get. Some of them just make me sick to my stomach. Even if I want to comment I have to push my feelings aside and do my job.

I hopped out the shower and walked into my bedroom. I went into my draw and put my bra and matching panty set on. I scanned through my closet to see what I wanted to wear. I decide to wear silver tub top, skinny jeans and black studded booties. I looked into the mirror admiring myself and I must admit I was beautiful. I walked back into my bathroom to finish getting dressed. I spiraled my shoulder length hair to give it more body. To finish everything off I put my big hooped earrings, and my black necklace with a butterfly in the middle.

I grabbed my keys and headed out the door. Once I made it to our usual spot I called my sister to let her know that I was here. I walked over to our usual table to see her, her boyfriend Kyron, Brooklyn and Tyler.

"Hey guys." I greeted them.

"Girl you look cute in them jeans you're going to have to let me borrow those." I sat down in the seat next to them while putting my purse on the back of my chair.

"The last time I let you borrow something you never returned them. Speaking of which are those my shoes I let you borrow three months ago?" She giggled to herself then looked back at me.

"I'll give them back."

"Mhm."

"Robyn you looking fine ma." Tyler commented. Tyler was cute but, he I saw him as a brother. He is a Hershey brown color with dreads that stopped to the middle of his back. Everything about him screamed sexy but I wouldn't dare cross that line. Although he has always had the biggest crush on me especially when we were little, I would never talk to him.

"Thanks you look good too." I saw him lick his lips.

"How are your cases coming?"

"They are coming along. No complaints."

"That's always good to hear."

"Yeah, enough about me though. What's the tea?"

"Well I got a promotion now I can finally start doing what I've always dreamed." Brooklyn spoke. She was a local fashion stylist but, now that she has gotten her promotion she will be able to travel and put some of her own design out there.

"Congratulations!" I went up and squeezed her.

"This calls for shots. I'll be back." I got up from my chair and grabbed my wallet. I went to the bar and waited for the bar tender to come over. The smell of Gucci cologne filled my nose. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see this fine brotha. He was mocha chocolate color, smooth waves, light brown eyes and dimples.

"Excuse me miss I think you dropped this." I took the piece of paper that was in his hand. It had a number on it.

"This isn't mine." I tried to hand it back to him but, he rejected.

"Are you sure because, I think if you look closer you might find that it's really important." I glanced at the paper and back at him. He had this cute smirk on his face. I giggled to myself before putting the paper into my pocket,

"You're right. Thank you." I smiled at him.

"You are welcome gorgeous."

"I'm Robyn." I stuck out me hand for him to shake. He grabbed it and placed a kiss on the back of it.

"Aiyden."

"Well it's nice to meet you."

"I hope I'm not being too forward but, I think you are very attractive. I was wondering if I could take you out some time."

"Sure. I will defiantly be using your number." He walked away. I turned around and tried to get the bartenders attention.

"Excuse me sir?"

"Yes."

"Can I get six shots of patron?" He nodded his head then began making them. I reached and grabbed a one hundred dollar bill.

"He already took care of it." I looked over my shoulder. Aiyden held up his glass and winked at me. I shot him back a smile. I grabbed the shots and headed back to the table.

"What took you so long Ro?"

"Nothing the line was extra long." I lied.

"It looked like you spotted your future. He's cute girl, I would totally go on a date with him." Brooklyn commented.

"Well he looks played out if you ask me." Tyler mumbled.

"Lucky I didn't ask you." I rolled my eyes. The rest of the night we spent catching up and reminiscing about the past. I just couldn't stop myself from thinking about this guy. Everything about him screamed danger but, I'm attracted to the chase.

Slow start but, I promise it will get better. What do you think about it so far though? Are you interested in reading more? Two comments and three likes for the next update :)