Endgame

“How long am I supposed to do this before we blow it up?” Bonnie asked looking at Klaus.

“Until you are sure of the layout and how you are going to get everyone out,” he smiled at her.

“I’ve already figured that out,” she told him.

“You’re sure?” Jasmin asked.

“Positive,” Bonnie said, “There’s a place near where they are keeping all the creatures that I can lead the workers that don’t resist the spell to get them out. Then I can release the creatures and we’ll be out so you can blow it up.” Klaus looked deep in thought as he paced across his living room. He looked up at Bonnie.

“When will you do it?” he asked.

“My first break is at 10, lunch is at 12:30. You choose,” she said. He seemed to contemplate each time equally, weighing out the pros and cons of each time and the happenings going on at that time.

“Do it at 10, less will be going on so there is less chance for you to get caught. Can you be out by ten after?” he asked.

“That’s just enough time for me to get everyone out that needs to be out,” she said. He nodded in agreement and smiled.

“This will all be over tomorrow. I can’t thank you enough for your help, Bonnie. I know the consequences would be high if you were to get caught,” Klaus told her gratefully.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad to help. I don’t want to see any being hurt, human or otherwise,” she smiled.

“Thank god this will all be over soon. I don’t like worrying about someone trying to capture me,” Jasmin said as Louis wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Later that night, Bonnie gathered the few supplies she would need for her spell and tucked them into her purse. She went to work the next morning and no one could tell anything was going on. Bonnie was very convincing. When it was time for her break, she let the doctor know she had to go to break so she could take her medicine and that she would be back soon. She walked into the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind her. She pulled the things from her purse and mixed them together reciting the incantation over the ingredients. She threw the last ingredient in and the mixture sparked into a blue flame. As she finished the incantation, the flame died down and she knew the spell was done. She left the bathroom and gathered the workers that the spell had been cast on and led them to the room she had told Klaus about. She stood there for a second with them all looking at her.

“Join hands,” she told them, “Quickly.” They all grabbed hands and she closed her eyes. The next thing they knew, they were in some strange room. “I’ll be back soon. Don’t go anywhere.” She disappeared again and was back in the lab. She quickly went from cell to cell and unlocked the doors. “If you can get out of her yourself, please do so, if not, come with me,” she said as she unlocked the last door. Some of the creatures disappeared, and the rest followed her. They all joined hands and she teleported them out. She pulled her cell phone from her pocket and called Klaus.

“Three minutes to spare,” Klaus said smiling.

“It’s up to you now,” she said. “Good luck.” She hung up her phone and explained to the creatures what was going on. They were all very thankful for the help. She left them to go their own ways as she went back to the others she had teleported out while Klaus went to blow up the lab.

“Ready to do this?” Klaus asked as he looked from Damon to Kol. They both nodded. Klaus looked down at his iPhone. “Bonnie placed bombs in the places I asked her to this morning. If it was done correctly and hasn’t been bothered, the whole building will collapse and everything inside will be destroyed,” he said as he pressed his finger to the screen and pressed the “Detonate All” button. Seconds later, you could hear the bombs explode, one by one, until they had all gone off. The building was crumbling and there was fire shooting from most of the windows. Damon, Kol, and Klaus stood off in the distance, smiling at the work that they and Bonnie had completed.

“Well, let’s get back to the house to celebrate then,” Kol laughed.

“Not yet,” Damon said as he watched the building.

“Why not?” Kol asked.

“You never know what could happen. We should stay until it’s done,” Damon explained. They all nodded in agreement and watched the burning building as it collapsed to the foundation. An hour later, Kol looked at Damon.

“Satisfied?” Kol asked.

“Not completely,” he said. He walked to the bridge and examined to damage. There were about a dozen bodies in the wreckage and burning paper flying everywhere. He walked back over to the two brothers. “Now I am,” he smiled and they all returned to Klaus’ home. Jasmin’s face lit up as they walked in.

“It’s over,” she asked nervously as she hoped that nothing wrong had happened.

“Yes, love. It’s over,” Klaus smiled. She jumped up and ran to hug each of them and Bonnie.

“Thank you all so much. I know how much of a risk you all took to do this, especially you, Bonnie,” Jasmin said as tears streamed down her face.

“It’s no problem. I’m just glad that it’s over and no one else is gonna get hurt from it,” Bonnie smiled.

“Let’s celebrate!” Kol shouted and everyone laughed. Louis walked over and hugged Jasmin from behind.

“We’re safe, now. You’re safe, always,” he whispered in her ear. She smiled as she turned to face him.

“I love you,” she smiled.

“I love you too,” he said before he kissed her forehead.

“Thank you for helping them,” she told Louis.

“Anything for you, love,” he smiled.

“Let’s go join the others,” she smiled as she pulled on his hand. They walked outside and sat around the pool with the others. “Louis,” she said as she nudged his arm, “Look.” She motioned to the others.

“What is it?”

“Everyone’s happy. Klaus has Music, Kol has Lexi, Damon and Stefan are talking again, Stefan got over Elena’s death, Bonnie’s laughing and smiling, and I have you,” she said as she smiled up at him.

“That’s all that matters to me, that you are happy,” he told her. She smiled at him and looked back at the happy crowd.

“This is what life is supposed to be about,” she said. “The good times, the happy times.” She turned to look at Louis. “I’m here for you, always,” she said as she placed a kiss on his lips. He returned the kiss and looked at her.

“And I for you, love,” he said smiling.