Instructions

I woke up the next morning alone. Weird. I wonder where he went. I shrugged as I stood up and grabbed some clothes. I walked down to the dorm bathrooms and took a quick shower. Once I was out, I wrapped my hair up in a towel and put on my clean clothes before walking back to my room. I shut the door and dropped my dirty clothes in the basket near my closet and jumped when I saw a pair of feet near my bed. I looked up and Louis was sat on the edge laughing at me for jumping.

“What? I didn’t expect you to be there.”

“I just went to get you breakfast,” he said smiling.

“Aw, thanks,” I smiled back. I walked over to the desk to see what he had gotten.

“I didn’t know what you liked, so I got a few different things and hoped for the best,” he laughed.

“It’s perfect,” I said as I kissed his cheek. “Thank you.” I grabbed a bagel and sat on the bed.

“What are you doing today?” he asked.

“I have three classes between 10 and 2, and then I am done for the day.”

“Good, I have to go see the others and find out about what’s gonna happen and stuff and I wanted you to meet them after, if that’s okay.”

“Yea, of course, I would love to,” I smiled at him. He smiled at me and bit his lip. “Were you worried that I wouldn’t want to?”

“Actually yea,” he laughed. I shook my head.

“I didn’t freak out when you told me what you were and I ask you to turn me and you still thought that I wouldn’t want to meet them?”

“You never know,” he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

“True,” I smiled at him. “I’ve got to start getting ready for class,” I said as I kissed his cheek again. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him as I started to walk away.

“Is all I get a kiss on the cheek?” he asked, teasing me. I bit my lip and looked down. He laughed and pulled my chin up towards his. He pressed his forehead to mine and brushed his nose against mine, our lips ghosting over each other. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck as he pressed his lips to mine. I ran a hand up in his hair and the other rested at the bottom of his neck and played with the small hairs there making him smile into the kiss. Our lips moved against each other as the kiss began to grow into something more. I pulled back and tried to catch my breath, smiling. I bit my lip and looked up at him.

“If you keep doing that, I won’t make it to class,” I laughed. He smiled and placed a quick kiss on my lips before he let me go finish getting ready. After I fixed my hair, I pulled out my makeup bag and heard him moving. I looked to see him walking towards me. He pulled the bag away from me and smiled.

“Not today,” he told me. I bit my lip and looked away.

“I never leave the room without it on,” I told him.

“Today you are. You don’t need this stuff,” he said as he tossed the bag on my bed. He knelt beside me and made me look at him. “Look at yourself in that mirror. You are beautiful just like this. You never needed any of that in that bag,” he said looking at me. “I love you just like this,” he said as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

“Only because you asked me to,” I told him. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

“Trust me, if you don’t see it now, you will eventually.” I grabbed my books and headed for the door, Louis close behind me. He walked me to class and we stood just outside. People kept staring at us as they walked by.

“This is bad. People are staring,” I said nervously.

“They are staring because I walked you here and haven’t left yet. They are used to seeing me being mean to you,” he reminded me. I looked at the ground and back up at him.

“Right,” I laughed, “Almost forgot.”

“You know what would confuse them even more?” he asked. I shook my head no.

“What?”

“This,” he said before he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. He pulled my arms up to his neck and wrapped his around me. I laughed into the kiss and he smiled. I pressed our foreheads together as I pulled back.

“You are evil,” I laughed at him.

“You love me,” he said. I blushed and bit my lip.

“That I do,” I smiled. “But I have to get in the class before they close the door on me. See you soon, yea?” He kissed my forehead and I walked in the class and took my seat near the back. He was right; there were even more people staring now. I laughed to myself and pulled my book out of my bag as I got ready for class.

Louis’s POV

I laughed as I noticed more people looking at me funny as I left Jasmine’s classroom. I made my way to the house as I thought about what was going to happen. I didn’t have to knock; Elena was already at the door waiting for me.

“We’ve been waiting,” she said.

“Sorry,” I told her as I walked in and took a seat on the couch. Damon and Stefan walked down from the second floor and joined us.

“So, you want to know what’s going to happen when you turn her, correct.” Damon said.

“Yes, I would be grateful for anything you could tell me. Is it still possible that I could be the one to turn her? I know we have talked about it before, but I want to be sure that it’s alright.”

“Yes, if you follow the procedures and listen to what we say, there will be no problem,” Elena told me.

“When it is time, you will be here in our basement. It is soundproof so no one will be able to hear anything should it get loud. Sometimes it does, sometimes not so much,” Stefan explained. I nodded in understanding.

“Make sure she is sober, no alcohol or drugs in her system,” Elena stated with caution. “If there are, you will have to wait until they are gone. That can have severe consequences if it happens.”

“So what will happen when we are here?” I asked.

“We will take you to a room down stairs. One of us will be with you the entire time, just in case you need us for something. The others will be here, upstairs,” Stefan said.

“She will have to have vampire blood in her body for her to turn, obviously. You’ll have to either kill her or drain her for her to turn. Your choice,” Damon said. We talked through a few more points before I had all the answers I wanted.

“She should be ready tomorrow,” I told them. They all nodded as I stood. Damon walked me out and slipped me a piece of paper as I left.