Mysterious Allies

We cleaned up as much as we could before Stefan got there. We all sat in the living room in a semi-circle. I looked at Stefan. He was sat across from me with his head in his hands. I knew he was hurting, and it was my fault. I had killed Elena.

“I’m really sorry,” I told him as the tears ran down my cheeks. “I didn’t want to do it, but she wasn’t going to stop until either she or I was dead.” He nodded.

“I understand and I don’t blame you,” he told me.  He looked up at me with a weak smile. “She had issues and we were trying to work on them. Obviously, it didn’t work.”

“Was there something going on that we don’t know about?” Damon asked. Stefan nodded his head yes.

“What is it?” Lexi asked. “Is it bad?”

“I don’t know how bad it is, or even what it is. I only know who she was working with,” he told us. Damon glanced at Lexi and back to Stefan.

“It’s alright. We won’t hold anything against you. You were trying to help her; just tell us,” Damon pleaded.

“She was working with someone named Hayley,” he told us. I noticed Damon’s eyes grew wide.

“Not Hayley Keith?” he asked. Stefan nodded.

“Yea, how did you know?”

“Because that is the werewolf that was chasing Mason last year,” he told us.

“Elena was working with werewolves?!” Klaus said loudly. “And no one knew?” We all shook our heads. “Wonderful.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know Hayley was a wolf. I’ve only talked to her on the phone; I’ve never met her,” Stefan explained.

“Oh, but you will meet her now,” Klaus told him.

“How’s that? Elena’s dead,” he said.

“Yes, but no one knows that yet, but us. You are going to take Elena’s phone and contact Hayley, have her come to your house. Hopefully we can get something out of her,” Klaus explained. Stefan nodded in understanding. We met at their house the next afternoon. Hayley was expected to arrive at 2. Klaus, Lexi and Damon were in the basement while Louis and I were upstairs. There was a knock at the door and Stefan went to answer it.

“Hayley?” he asked. She nodded and smiled. “Come on in,” he smiled back at her. She walked in and they went to the living room. “Would you like something to drink?” he offered.

“No thank you,” she smiled. He walked to the table behind the couch and poured himself a whiskey. He tossed back the shot and sat the glass on the table before taking a seat on the couch. “Where’s Elena?”

“She’s a little indisposed at the moment,” he smiled. She looked confused.

“But she is the one that invited me over,” she said.

“Yes, but I need to talk to you first,” he said.

“Okay, well what did you want to talk to me about?”

“Why are you and Elena working together?” he asked. She looked taken aback.

“Well, I’m not sure if I should tell you that,” she said.

“I think you should. Elena is my girlfriend and I need to protect her,” he told her. She thought about it before she spoke. She looked at him and sighed.

“What we were working on, not many other people know about,” she began. “We found a way to make werewolf vampire hybrids,” she confessed.

“What?”

“It’s a complicated spell that has to be performed by a powerful witch. We need to kill Jasmine for the spell to work,” she explained. I froze when I heard what she said. So that’s why Elena was after me. I heard movement and looked around the corner to see Klaus in the living room.

“Why would you ever want to cross those two? That is a very dangerous combination. There is no way to control someone that has been turned in to one of those things,” he said angrily. Her eyes were wide with shock and fear. He knelt in front of her and looked her in the eye. “You will forget everything about the hybrid werewolves, Elena and being here today. Go home and don’t come back,” he said before he stood up. She left immediately and we all walked into the living room.

“What the holy hell?” Lexi said.

“Hybrid werewolves? Seriously?” Damon said. Something clicked in my head.

“That’s why Elena wanted your position and power,” I said looking at Klaus. “She was going to make an army and take everything from you.”

“Figures, someone always tries to do something stupid like that,” he said. “On a brighter note, we don’t have to worry about that for a while, but I’m sure if they don’t try to continue whatever they were doing, someone else will pop up with something else. Everyone be on your guards. You never know what could happen,” he said before he walked out. We all went our respective ways. Damon and Lexi stayed at the house with Stefan, Klaus went wherever he lives, and Louis and I went back to our house. The next week, Klaus asked to meet with Louis and I. He texted me his address and we drove to his house. We were sat in his living room waiting on him to walk in. The door opened and we saw someone we didn’t recognize.

“Hello,” he smiled. “No need for alarm. I’m Klaus’s brother. My name is Kol.” I returned his smile.

“You’re the one Lexi knows,” I said. He nodded his head.

“Yes, I am. We used to date. A long time ago,” he chuckled. “She can always find me.”

“That’s nice,” Louis said. I hit his arm.

“It’s alright. He’s nervous because you all don’t know me. He should be that way. I mean, not with me but in general. You never know when someone will catch you off guard,” he said as he sat across from us. “Klaus will be here momentarily,” he smiled. We talked back and forth for a while until Klaus arrived.

“Sorry I am late,” he said as he entered. “Been keeping them company, Kol?” he smiled.

“Of course,” Kol smiled as he stood. “I will leave you to it then,” he said as he left the room.

“Alright, the reason I wanted you to come here today is that I found a very powerful witch that can put a protection spell on you to keep the wolves at bay,” he told us.

“You can do that?” Louis asked.

“Well, it wouldn’t be on you exactly. The easy way to explain it is that it is more of a cloaking spell. It would hide where you are from supernatural beings. Doesn’t matter what it is; wolf, vampire, witch, etc. None of them would be able to find you. It only covers a certain area, though, so you would have to be careful,” Klaus explained. I nodded my head in understanding. “Do you want to do it?” I looked at Louis.

“What do you think, Louis? It’s only a matter of time before something else happens.” I said.

“I think it might be a good idea since we don’t know what is coming,” he said. I looked back at Klaus.

“We’ll do it,” I told him.

“Great! Damon and I will be at your house tonight with the witch,” he said. We thanked him and headed back home to wait until they arrived. I’m sure the witch needed time to prepare and gather whatever items they would need.