Teamwork

Over the next few months, Louis and I spent a lot of time hanging out with Music and Klaus. They had grown quite close in the time since the party. Lexi even came along on some of our dates, dragging a guy with her but I could tell she wasn’t interested. After a few times of witnessing how she would be on these dates, I decided to talk to her about it one day when she and I were alone.

“Lexi, can I talk to you without you getting upset?” I asked her one day as we were lounging by the pool. Louis was with Damon doing something, I’m not sure what.

“Sure,” she said nervously as she glanced at me.

“Why do you keep dragging those guys along if they don’t make you happy?” I asked her. She looked at me a little shocked.

“I thought you were gonna ask me something about Louis,” she laughed. I shook my head no and smiled at her.

“I can tell you don’t really like them. Why are you torturing yourself?”

“Because I want to go out and have fun too,” she said as she looked away from me.

“That doesn’t mean that you have to drag some guy with you that you don’t like,” I told her.

“Well, what am I supposed to do then? I don’t wanna be the third wheel,” she said as she looked back at me.

“You know what you should do. You should talk to him,” I told her flat out. She looked at me and smiled weakly.

“Jasmine, we’ve been in and out of our relationship so many times that I think if we get in it again it won’t go well at all and I will lose him completely,” she confessed. I sighed and looked at her.

“Well, Louis or I could always talk to him and see what he thinks, you know, without letting on about what we are doing,” I offered. She thought it over in her mind, playing out the scenes that could happen and finally looked up at me.

“Well, I guess we could try that and see,” she shrugged her shoulders.

“It never hurts to try,” I smiled at her. I pulled out my phone to see what Louis was up to.

To Louis: Hey, what are you guys doing?

To Jasmine: Just hanging out. Damon said you two needed a girl’s day. We are at his place.

To Louis: I need your help with something later, for Lexi  :)

To Jasmine: Sure thing, love :)

I smiled and looked over at Lexi.

“Louis said he would help, but I haven’t told him what we are doing cause he’s at Damon’s and I know how Damon is about being nosey,” I laughed. She laughed and looked at me.

“Yea, you’re right about that. He really is,” she smiled. We laughed together and she seemed to relax a bit. We joked and laughed for a while before we went in to change and clean up before Louis came home. We were sat in the living room watching Pitch Perfect (again) when Louis walked in alone.

“Thank god you didn’t bring anyone with you,” I laughed. He rolled his eyes and plopped down on the sofa between me and Lexi.

“So, what’s this big secret I am supposed to be helping with?” he asked smiling. Lexi rolled her eyes at him and I laughed.

“Well, you’ve noticed how Lexi is never interested in those guys she brings on our dates, right?” I asked. He nodded his head yes and I continued. “Well, it’s because she has feeling for someone, but she’s nervous that if they get into a relationship it will end badly,” I explained.

“Who is it?” he asked looking at Lexi.

“You can’t tell?” she asked.

“Well, I have an idea of who I think it might be, but I might be wrong,” he laughed. “Not that I’m wrong very often, but I have been before.” I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully making him smile.

“It’s Kol,” I told him. He nodded.

“That’s what I figured,” he said as he looked at Lexi.

“So will you help me?” she asked.

“What do you want me to do exactly?”

“Talk to him, like bring it up casually somehow, maybe ask if he has a girlfriend and go from there?” she suggested. “Bring me up somehow and see how he feels about me.” Louis thought through some questions in his mind and looked up at Lexi.

“Yea, I’ll help,” he smiled at her. She squealed and hugged him.

“Thank you,” she smiled.

“No problem.”

“All you guys are supposed to be at Klaus’s tomorrow for something so maybe you can try then,” I suggested. He nodded his head.

“Good idea,” he smiled. We leaned back against the sofa and finished the movie that we had all seen about fifty times already. After Lexi left, Louis and I talked about her and Kol.

“She really loves him, Lou,” I said looking up at him.

“I know she does. I can see it when she talks about him, or when she looks at him, or even when his name is mentioned,” he chuckled. I smiled up at him.

“I think he still has feelings for her, too,” I told Louis.

“He just might,” he smiled at me. “I’ll talk to him tomorrow and I will do my best to get things worked out as much as I can, but I can’t promise anything,” he smiled down at me.

“I know you can’t promise anything, but I know you will do your best and I have a feeling that things will all work out for them in the end. She said that she was scared that if they got in a relationship again that it would end badly and she would lose him forever, but I don’t think that will happen. I think this time it might be for good when they get together,” I smiled up at him.

“We’ll see, love,” he said as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.