A Secret

“I used to always want to be a vampire. When I would read about them, or see them in a movie or TV show, I would fantasize about being one,” I smiled at him.

“Really? I never would have thought that,” he smiled at me. Maybe he could turn me one day. Then I could stick up for myself and not have people bullying me all the time. “What are you thinking about?”

“I was just thinking that,” I started and looked at the floor, “maybe you could turn me one day. I’d be able to keep people from bullying me then,” I said not looking at him. I heard him let out a sigh and felt his finger under my chin pulling my face to meet his gaze.

“You want that?” he asked looking at me. “You want to be turned?” I nodded my head.

“I do,” I smiled weakly at him. He looked at me and smiled.

“I can talk to the ones that turned me and see what they say,” he suggested. I shook my head no and grabbed his hand.

“If I get turned, I want you to do it,” I said biting my lip and blushing.

“But you’re sure you want to do it? I would still have to talk to them. I’ve never turned anyone,” he explained.

“Yes, I’m sure,” I smiled at him.

“Alright, well do you want me to go talk to them now?” I shook my head yes and he laughed. “Okay, I’ll go now,” he said as he stood up to leave.

“Wait,” I said as I pulled on his hand.

“What? Is something wrong?” he asked.

“Yea, um, I have to do something before I’m turned. I know you heal and stuff if you get hurt when you’re a vampire, so there’s something I need to do when I don’t have vampire blood in my system and before I am turned,” I said blushing.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Are guys always this oblivious?” I said looking at him. He laughed and shook his head.

“So just tell me what it is then” he laughed. I stood up and put my lips next to his ear and whispered what I needed to tell him.

“Sleep with me,” I whispered. I pulled back and looked at him and saw his eyes widen.

“You haven’t…” he didn’t finish his question. I shook my head no. “Oh my god, and he almost…” he said as he hugged me. “You’re sure you want to do that?” I shook my head yes. He cupped my face in his hands and pressed his forehead to mine. “And you’re sure you want it to be with me?” he asked softly.

“I wouldn’t want it to be with anyone else,” I whispered with a smile.

“Really?”

“I’ve liked you since you moved here,” I smiled.

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I was too scared,” I told him.

“You don’t have to be scared anymore,” he said, “Of anything.” He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me as he wrapped his around me. Our lips moved against one another and I smiled against his lips causing him to smile. He pulled back and looked at me. “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to do that,” he said as he tucked a strand of hair behind me ear. I bit my lip and looked down.

“Me too,” I said. He kissed my forehead and hugged me again before stepping back.

“I’m going to go talk to them, okay? I’ll see you in a bit,” he smiled as he walked out the door. I couldn’t believe this was happening. He was on his way to talk to the vampires he knew about turning me. It was like a dream.

Louis’s POV

I couldn’t believe she wanted to be turned and she wanted me to do it. I only hoped they would let me. I knocked on the door and Stefan opened it seconds later.

“We’ve been wondering where you were,” he said as he opened the door for me to walk in. I walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

“I need to talk to you three,” I told them.

“It’s about the girl,” Stefan said. I nodded my head yes. He nodded in return and left to get the others. They returned shortly and joined me in the living room.

“What is it?” Elena asked.

“She wants to be turned,” I told them.

“Good, bring her here,” she said. I shook my head no.

“She wants me to do it,” I said as I looked at them. They were all a little shocked. I explained to them everything that happened and her request.

“She loves you, then?” Damon asked.

“She hasn’t said that, but seeing as she asked me to do these two things, I would assume so,” I told him.

“Do you love her?” he asked.

“Yes, I do,” I said without hesitation.

“Then it is done,” he said. “Fulfill her request and we will help you with turning her,” he smiled at me.

“It’s that simple?” I asked.

“Yes,” Stefan said. “It’s not difficult to turn someone.”

“Bring her here when you are ready,” Damon told me. I nodded and left their house. I went back to my dorm and lay on the bed, pulling out my phone to text her.

To Jasmine: I’m home

To Louis: What did they say?

To Jasmine: They said to take care of whatever you needed and then we needed to go to their house when you were ready.

To Louis: Really?

To Jasmine: Yea, really.

To Louis: When will we be at their house?

To Jasmine: Eager much?

To Louis: ;)

To Jasmine: It stays in your system for 24 hours, so you will be ready by this time tomorrow. Then after, you will need a couple days, so I would say Saturday would be a good day.

I didn’t get a reply for a while, so I figured he fell asleep. I messed around the dorm for a bit before I heard my phone.

To Louis: I can’t sleep.

To Jasmine: I don’t doubt it. It’s cause you still have it in your system.

To Louis: Do you sleep anymore?

To Jasmine: No

To Louis: Then you should come keep me company lol

I didn’t text her back; I just left and headed over there. There was no one in the halls so it was easy for me to get to her room without anyone seeing me. I knocked lightly on the door and she opened it quickly, smiling.

“Hi,” I said smiling.

“Hi,” she said returning my smile as I kissed her on the cheek. She sat on the bed facing the TV and I sat beside her. I put a pillow behind me and lean back against the wall, pulling her to me and wrapping my arms around her causing her to smile. After watching TV for a while, I noticed her breathing even out and I looked down at her. She had finally fallen asleep. I smiled and lay back on her bed to make her more comfortable.