Chapter 10

The next morning was a blur. Between brushing and doing muy hair, showering, waking up, waking Josh up, doing my makeup... It was kind of exhausting, but fun at the same time.

By the time I was finally finished I smelled like lavender, looked like I was famous, and felt amazing. I must admit, Josh's stare was giving me a little confidence.... The guy couldnt keep his eyes off me!

"W-wow" he said, stuttering.

"What?"

"Well, it's just that..... You look gorgeous Del."

By now he was blushing furiously.

"Ooohhhhhh...... Little Joshy likes what he sees" I say, unable to contain my laughter.

"You had to ruin it didn't you? Why do you insist on ruining our cliché?"
He said jokingly.

"That was a low blow Joshy."

"Oh Yeah? Whatcha gonna do bout it?" He said, mocking me.

"Game on."

•••****•••*•*•*••*•*•^•^•^

After wrestling for almost 20 minutes, Josh finally surrendered.

Okay, okay. I surrendered.

I fixed my hair and ate breakfast and then we got in the car and made our way to school.

I've got to admit, I was a nervous wreck. By the time we reached the school my hands were shaking and I was thumping my feet against the floor like a madman.

"Hey, Del, you can do this. WE, can do this."

Josh whispered in my ear, before giving me a kiss on my forehead and getting out of The car.

"Wait-!"

I started to call after him, but he was already closing the driver's door.

I made a move to open the door but Josh beat me to it. Opening the door to a world of new possibilities, and probably, a love story.