Chapter 7

"H-hey".. I said nervously as Sean and Blair took seats.

"What's up girl?" Sean said with a wink.

I swear I almost melted... I just feel like Im in heaven or at least that I went there and came back cause The next thing I know Josh is poking me and saying "CLOSE YOUR MOUTH" In a shushed whisper.

And when I look down in embarrasment , theres something worse.... Im drooling.

OMG!! Im sooo embarased..I look up and see that nor Sean or Blair noticed my drooling... Thank God!!

"Thanks bro" I whisper to Josh.

He just smiles and winks back.His eyes shining with amusement , and I cant help but smile back, Both of us looking into each others eyes.

"Soo.... you 2 together or what?"Sean says as he looks at us.

We are broken from... whatever THAT was and I fall hard onto the cold, hard Floor that is reality.

"WHAT?!" We Both say. Looking at each other, Horrified.

********••••¥•___*_*_*_••¥¥•*****

After throughtfully expaining our "only Best friends" kind of relationship to Sean, we finished lunch in a quite awkward silence.

"Well... that did not go how I expected it to." J says when Sean and Blair leave.

"Why is she always with him?!" I think out loud.

"Jealous much, Dearie? "J says, quoting Rumplestiltskin from Once Upon a time.

"What? No, no, Rumple how could you think that?" I say in a sarcastic tone.

"Yo looking pretty green to me" He says and I shove him playfully.

" But really!! Every time I See him He's with her!! Is she doing it to get on my nerves?! Im soo gonna kill her (not literally)." I say, a little mad.

"Ohh.... So you told your sista about your crush and she didnt back off? Thats a first, well two firsts. 1)you actually telling your sister. 2) she not backing off, she's not like that." He says.

"1)you sound like (no offense) a little too feminine, talking like that dont ya think? And 2) where DID you get the idea I told her? I havent." I say.

"How dare you say Im feminine! Youre such a bully!! "He says in a high pitched voice, mocking me. "But really. Delilah how can she be doing it to get on your nerves if you havent even told her?" He tells me .

"Youre right... Maybe the problem is that I havent, told her. Im gonna tell her right away!! Bye Joshy!!" I say as I walk into my first class of the afternoon, just as the bell rings.

How swagg of me.

***••••¥___---___¥••••***

I watch as the clock slowly ticks by.
2:45. 2:46. 2:47...2:49...2:51.....2:54..... Ahhh!!! Im going crazy!!!! 2:55

I Wonder how will I tell her .... 2:56

Doesnt matter... I guess it'll just come out, right?

2:58

Finally.

2:59

Almost.
3:00

The bell rings and I take my backpack and bolt out of the room, just like everyone else. As I get to the parking lot I see Josh talking with Sean like They were old friends.

"Josh charm" I say to
Myself as I chuckle silently.

Today its my turn to drive home, yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking. Why do Blair and I use the same car? Well its not because we cant afford another car, because Believe me, my family is wealthy, but because we already Have three cars. My moms, my Dads and Blair's and I's and my mother doesnt like the idea of the whole contamination thing, soo yeah.

I get in the car and start waiting for Blair. When she Finally comes in I start the car and drive of. Theres an awkward silence and that's when I know I've GOT to tell her.

"Blair I-" my words are interrupted by Blair saying the exact same thing at the same time (but with my name).

We Both laugh.
"I-" I try to continue at the same time she does and we look at each other questioningly.

"On the count of three?"She Asks.
"Okay"
"1,2,3!"

"I like Sean!" WE BOTH SAY AT THE SAME TIME!!

"What!?!" I say as I slam on the brakes.

"Carefull!!" She screams as I return to driving .

I take deep breaths.

"Im sorry Dely I can see you like him very much but so do I."

"Why cant I ever get what I want?" I say.

"What you want? And what is that?"she asks.

"People to like me!! To get the guy for once!! People not looking for me just to ask if Im YOU!!" I say angered.

"How is that my fault?" She says.

"For being so likable and friendly, so brave and kind!! Why are you so perfect!!"

She looks at me with a little sad look.
" Delly, I am far from perfect, thats just the way I am, you dont realize it but you are very lucky .You get things without even trying! You dont even study and you get good grades while I Have to Study for hours! You can be however you want and no one judges you. You Have a great personality under that shell youve put around yourself!! And you have a friend that would do anything for you!!" She says.

"Blair, this is the first time I've really liked a guy, we dont Have to compete about this."

"You think Im doing this because I think its a competition? Im doing this because I sincerely like him! Im sorry that we Both like him but its not fair to me if you play the guilt card!!"

"Im NOT backing off Blair, not this time." I say .

"Me neither" She answers.

"No hard feelings? Independently of who gets or doesnt get what She wants?" I say, extending my hand.

"Deal." She says as She Shakes my hand. "And.... Del... eyes on the road!"

She says, as I swerve to the left.