Chapter 32

Derek POV

To: My Love
Hey baby, Isaac said you look down. Are you okay?

From: My Love
Yeah

To: My Love
Are you lying?

From: My Love
Yeah

To: My Love
You wanna talk about it?

From: My Love
Not really

To: My Love
Okay. You know you can always talk to me if you need to, right?

From: My Love
I know. I appreciate it Der. I love you.

To: My Love
I love you too gorgeous.

This whole situation is killing me. I don't know what to do or say to make Stiles feel even a little better and it's my job to make him feel better.

I picked him up from school.

"Where's Isaac?" I asked.

"He went with Scott." Stiles said quietly. I sighed grabbing his hand.

"You look nice." I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"You're only saying that cause I'm wearing your shirt." He forced a small laugh.

"You look nice everyday, Stiles, not just when you wear my clothes." I said pressing a kiss to his cheek making him smile.

When we got back to my house Stiles made his way up to my room and didn't come down. I asked him a couple times if he was okay and his response was "I just want to be alone" so I left him to be alone.

I was starting on dinner when I heard a soft "Derek" from upstairs. His voice cracking as he spoke. I got to the stairs seeing him standing at the top with tears staining his cheeks. "Derek" he cried again. I walked up the stairs wrapping him in a hug.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked. He buried his face in my neck.

"I'm sorry." he cried.

"Hey, you have no reason to be sorry. Look at me" I said making him look at me. "You didn't do anything wrong." I said sternly.

"I should've been able to defend myself." He cried wiping his face with the back of his hands.

"Stiles, you wouldn't have been able to break out of the chains. I wouldn't have been able to either. Okay? Gavin wasn't stupid. No matter how hard you tried you wouldn't have been able to break free. It's not your fault." I told him. He nodded burying his head in my neck again.

"I just...I let you down." He mumbled.

"Baby, no you didn't. I'm so proud of you. You've been so strong throughout this entire thing." I said. He shook his head.

"Then why do I feel so weak?" he cried. I tightened my grip around him.

I didn't reply. I wasn't sure how. It drives me insane knowing he's in pain and I can't fix it.

Stiles got up the next morning changing into a pair of my sweatpants and a hoodie. He wrapped his arms around me from behind as I was making breakfast. "I'm not going to school. You can't make me." He mumbled into the triskelion on my back.

"What about your dad?" I asked him.

"I told him I'm sick and that my big bad alpha is taking care of me." I smiled to myself.

"Okay little red." I replied turning to hug him back.

Stiles didn't want to stay home when I took Isaac to school so he went with us. He got out of the car making room for Isaac to climb from the back after I pulled up in front of the school. Isaac gave Stiles a quick hug and told him to 'feel better' before he walked away. Unfortunately, Coach Finstock decided to make an appearance as Stiles was climbing back in my car.

"Stilinski!" He yelled making Stiles turn. "Get to class!" Coach yelled. Stiles ignored him closing the car door and rubbing his already red eyes. "Stiles!" Coach yelled coming over to the car and sticking his head through the open window. "Derek? Derek Hale!?" Coach said as he saw me.

"That's my name. Now could you move? I kind of have to leave." I snapped.

"You can't just take students off campus!" Coach yelled.

I huffed in annoyance.

"Coach, I'm sick. My dad asked Derek to bring me home." Stiles said softly.

"Why would the Sheriff be okay with that!?" Coach questioned. Holy shit he's gotten more annoying since I graduated. I didn't think that was possible.

"Because Derek's my boyfriend." Stiles pushed Coach out of the window enough to roll it up and let me drive away.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded.

"I just want to go home." He said sadly. I nodded wrapping my hand on his thigh.

In an attempt to cheer him up I pulled into a Starbucks on the way back to my place. Stiles was asleep already. I pulled into a parking spot and woke him up. He yawned.

"We're not home?" He questioned.

"Just get out." I laughed opening the door and getting out myself. He smiled wrapping his arms around my arm.

"I don't have any money.".

"When have I ever made you pay for anything?" I smirked, poking his side.

I know it's a shitty attempt at temporary happiness but its better than nothing. Right?