Chapter 5

Stiles POV

The ride back to Derek's was quiet. I was biting on my lip as I drove, not really paying any attention until we pulled into the driveway and Derek grabbed my hand.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded, my heart swelling as he smiled at me.

We started walking toward the front door when Derek wrapped his hand around mine. He gave me a look as if asking if it was okay. I smiled at him letting him lead me inside. I felt my face heat up as Derek let us over toward Scott. The rest of the pack was staring and it seemed like Derek didn't care but I couldn't help feeling overwhelmed.

Scott was smiling as we walked over to him. The wolves starting to talk, my head still being focused on the looks I was getting from the pack making me tune out their conversation. I turned toward Derek wrapping my other arm around his and resting my head on his shoulder. I took a deep breath smelling woods and vanilla as I closed my eyes.

After what felt like forever Derek pulled me around so I was in front of him, his arms coming to wrap around me, "You alright?"

I bit my lip, glancing toward the rest of the pack. "Do you want me to tell them to stop staring?" He whispered in my ear.

I shrugged, "It's fine. Just not used to it."

Derek nodded, letting go of me. "Okay. I gotta...training..."

"I know..." I nodded, watching him walk off. He only made it a few steps before turning around and coming back. I furrowed my brows toward him, the wolf just smiling back as he grabbed my chin, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "What was that for?"

"Nothing." He smiled, pecking my lips once more, "You're just cute."

Scott nudged me as Derek walked away for real this time.

"Shut up." I laughed as the other wiggled his eyebrows as me, the pack following Derek back out to the yard.