Chapter 3

Scott came barging into my room just after Derek had left. I decided I wanted to tell him even if Derek didn't totally want me to. I can't keep this from him. I can't keep anything from him.

His face scrunched up, "Was Derek here?" He asked.

I nodded, "I gotta tell you something though."

He held his finger up, "Hang on, gotta pee."

I laughed as he ran into the bathroom. I pulled out my phone sending Derek a text.

To: Derek
I know you don't really want me to but I'm gonna tell Scott...please don't hate me...

Scott had just come back into my room from the bathroom and flopped onto my bed telling me to continue when Derek texted me back.

From: Derek
I don't hate you, babe.

"So, um..." I wasn't sure how to tell him. "Derek and I might kind of be a thing..." I mumbled not looking at him.

"Like, actually a thing or not really a thing?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know, he said he just wants to see what happens..." Scott nodded, "He's afraid you're gonna make a big deal out of it and then the pack will know and it's gonna be a big deal. I think he wants to make sure that we know before we tell anyone."

Scott nodded, "Does he know you told me?" I nodded, "is that why he was here? Just to see you?"

"Kinda, yeah, I guess." I shrugged feeling my face heat up.

"Awh, dude you really like him don't you!?" Scott practically yelled pulling me into a hug.

"You're not mad?"

He laughed, "What? No? I'll kill him if he hurts you though."

"Okay." I laughed, watching Scott get up to grab my one of my PlayStation controllers and toss it to me.

"Come to training next week."

"Ew. No. Why?"

"Derek's there. Duh." He teased.

I pushed him as he laughed.

--

Scott ended up dragging me to training the following week. Derek and I haven't really spoke since I told Scott and I was worried he might be mad at me for doing so. I texted him a few times not getting anything in response. When I got out of my Jeep Derek looked over at me but his gaze didn't stay long and he didn't seem too happy.

"Scott, you're late. Let's go." He shouted.

I watched as Scott walked over to him. I hadn't mentioned anything to him about me and the alpha not talking. I leaned again the front of my Jeep staring at my shoes. Derek grabbed my arm gently, pulling me to the other side of my Jeep away from the pack.

"Why're you here?" He seemed almost angry.

"S-Scott wanted me to come..."

"You don't need to be here though."

"I'm sorry..." I bit my lip. It felt like I had ruined everything but I didn't even know how.

Derek sighed, "You should just head home."

"Are you mad at me?" I whispered, not wanting to look up at him.

I heard the dirt crunch under his feet as he shifted his weight, "No, I'm not mad. Look, I'll call you later. Okay?"

I nodded, feeling as if he was lying to me. I held back my tears knowing I was probably just being oversensitive but it's not my fault. I felt him touch my arm again before he walked away. I stood there for a minute before I got in my jeep and left.