Chapter 2

Avery P.O.V

Both of them sat down on each side of me, i was in the middle of a bad boy sandwich and i did not like it one bit. Arsen was texting away on his phone, probably to Jason who was also on his phone typing away.   

The lesson went on as Mr. Roberts went over the paper, he previously graded, just as the lesson was approaching to the end, he said

"I will be setting a project for all of you, this project is worth 25% and it will require you to get to know your partner-" which was rudely interrupted by a jock asking "do we get to pick our partners?" as he winked at a random girl.

"If you had let me finish off then you'd find out that I'm assigning your partners" and this erupted a groan from each person in the class. Unbothered by the groans, sir started listing partners together, " Jessie and Evan, Mason and Ally, Louis and Lexi..." and then the list went on. "And lastly Arsen and Avery."

Wait, what? Did i hear that correctly?

Keeping on the low will be hard as I have just become a target for all the girls that lust after him, and this project requires us interacting, that's it- I'm doomed.

He looked around and his eyes fell upon a group of girls, he asked them "who's Avery?" almost as if he wanted one of them to be her.

"Me" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear it, he turned his head and nonchalantly and said we will meet up later. Just like that he got up and left, that's it?

I packed up my bag and left for my other classes, as lunch approached, i made my way to my lockers to put all my extra shit away. I placed all my books into my lockers and turned around only to bump into someone, looking up i saw who it was.

Arsen stood right in front of me with a straight face, he held out his phone and told me to add my number- i was prepared to protest as i assumed he was hitting on me when it clicked that he wanted it for the project. I just saved myself from embarrassment, i wrote my digits in and handed the phone back " I'll text you the address to my house, we can do the project there." Without allowing me to respond, he walked off leaving me confused. He has got to stop doing that, it's happened twice in one day already.

I received a notification shortly after with Arsen's home address and at what time i need to arrive, the address somehow sounded familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I probably drove past it before.

As school ended, I went home to get my laptop and drop off things that i didn't need. I told Luke, my dad's left-hand man that I am going to meet up with someone due to a group project.

I made my way to Arsen's house and pressed the buzzer outside the gates, after saying that "I'm here for a school project" I got buzzed in to come through, I had to drive down a long road to get in view of his house. Something about this house itself was familiar but maybe I'm just overthinking.

Arsen's house was a Mansion, it was vast and intimidating but also beautiful, I let out a breath which I didn't know I was holding and parked my car.

A man opened the door and stated "you must be here for the school project, please do come in," he looked like a butler as he welcomed me into the grand house. "Mr Black is up in his room, I'll take you up to him" i simply nodded and followed him till a black door with white details.

I knocked on the door, " it's open " said Arsen with his deep voice, I poked my head in first, then stepped inside the room. I greeted him by saying hi with a small wave, why on earth did I wave??

He raised his eyebrows at my awkward wave and pointed at the chair near him signalling me to sit down, so I did.

"So, what do u want to do the project about?" I asked nervously, trying to break the silence.

"I suppose we can both do a PowerPoint presentation? " Arsen asked with a small smile. "Sure," I said agreeing with his suggestion.

"Shall we just get to know each other than start the project?" I just nodded. We played twenty questions and I found out that we had a lot in common like we both liked the colour black; we like rock music, boxing, sports cars, and motorbikes. But obviously I couldn't mention all of that so I said my favourite colour is pink, I liked pop music and dancing. Dancing isn't really a lie as I do enjoy it, he deserves to know at least one truth. I suggested that we write all the things we found out about each other on a paper or something, so we don't forget. As we were quietly writing everything down, my stomach let out a growl causing Arsen to chuckle "shall we get a snack?" I just nodded after scowling at him. It was now 7:00 pm, so we made our way downstairs and into the kitchen.

"So, what do you want to eat?" he asked, which I instantly replied by saying "PB&J" without even thinking.

"Hmm," he said whilst shaking his head, he got the three main ingredients out and started making a sandwich, I took the ingredients and started making another one beside him.

As I bit into it, I started doing a little dance without thinking as I was too busy appreciating the food. I only broke out of it because Arsen let out a chortle, at least I know he is human now. This may be the first time I have ever seen Arsen show some sort of expression and honestly, it wasn't bad.

We managed to small talk as we ate our sandwiches to fill in the silence, it was quite comforting if I'm being honest. After finishing, I told Arsen I should head home as it was getting late, I drove home in silence thinking about how the project may not be so bad after all. 

*****

I try to update as much as i can and thank you guys for reading so far.

Follow me on twitter or instagram -

Hope you guys like it

-dwensy

*****