Chapter 48: Answers?

Start from the beginning

"No Ray. I'm fine," she whispered.

"Ray-" "Are we done," she slightly shouted above a whisper.

There was something she didn't want to tell me. There was a lot she didn't want to tell me. I looked around stupidly, now feeling a bit worse than before.

"Yeah. Y-Yeah... w-we're done."

She walked off quickly.

I feel like I just made a mistake.

Ray'vn

I went back to my seat. I could feel the tears coming on harder. I had to leave.

I looked around the room to make sure no one was looking. I slipped my way out of the room and out the restaurant.

The fresh air around me with the exception of the smell of food coming from the restaurant, gave me some sort of closure.

Besides the valets outside and people occasionally coming in or leaving the restaurant, I was out here on my own.

I walked up and down in front of the restaurant. I was too lost within myself to pay attention to anything else going on around me. I didn't even know what time it was. I just knew it was late. "You know you shouldn't be out here by yourself this late," a voice came behind me.

I turned only to look Shawn right in his eyes. I stepped back. I now felt terrified. I wanted to run. Even now I still can't believe that he's alive. "What are you doing here?" "Devon said you guys would be here. I just didn't know if I should come in."

"Oh," I said looking around.

"Ray'vn please don't do that? I'm not gonna do anything." "How do I know I can trust you?" He sighed.

His phone must have vibrated in his pocket. He took it out and looked at the screen. He seemed alarmed but slipped it back into his pocket calmly.

He began walking by me toward a car.

"Come on. Get in," he said standing by the passenger door, holding it open.

"I"m not going anywhere with you Shawn." He retrieved his phone from his pocket again. This time he closed the car door and stepped in front of me. "Ray'vn, you will be fine. Devon knows I'm here, okay? He knows that you're with me and where we're going. Look." He showed me the messages.

"Does that make you feel any better?"

I still felt uncomfortable being with him but what's the worse that could happen if Devon knows where I'm going to be?

"Okay. I'll go."

He took my hand and helped me into the car. When he got into his seat, he fixed everything around and pulled off slowly.

When we reached a good distance from the restaurant, he increased his speed but not to a point where it scared me. "Where are we going exactly? In the messages you only gave Devon the address of a place."

"You'll see. I think you'll like it."

For some reason I didn't exactly like his answer but there was nothing suspicious about his voice so I tried to relax.

We'd been driving for an hour and fifteen minutes on the highway until I realized we were out of my city. It was around three in the morning. Something suddenly didn't feel right.

"Shawn, we're not in... anymore. Why are we going here?"

"Ray'vn relax please? I just wanna take you out. I'll explain later."